PDA

View Full Version : easy question

PearlDrummer00
03-29-2007, 03:00 PM
hoW the heck do i tighten my rear vieW mirror

mkymonkey
03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
the bracket? or the ball? i myself have asked this question and the answer was....

go the the jy and buy a new one...cuz the one you have is probably broken

ZackieDarko
03-29-2007, 03:10 PM
i have a rear view i'll sell ya! im in auburn :)

DBMaster
03-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I think I know what you are asking. Your mirror moves around at the ball joint too easily, right? I had the same problem. Take the mirror down and look at the joint. You will most likley see several cracks around the perimeter of the "ball." Carefully put some JB Weld into those cracks witha toothpick. Then, after the JB Weld dries, put a few drops of blue Loctite into the joint itself. It will still move around just fine, but this will tighten up the joint nicely.

mkymonkey
03-30-2007, 08:42 AM
ooooooooor you could buy one at the jy :D

DBMaster
03-30-2007, 08:44 AM
You could check out a JY, but I have noticed that there are actually several different types depending upon whether or not you have the seatbelt indicator lights up on your ceiling. Most of them will have the same cracks in them. The fix I mentioned is a permanent one and cheap, too!

MessyHonda
03-30-2007, 08:44 AM
or get a JDM maplight that also comes with the mirror

mkymonkey
03-30-2007, 08:49 AM
You could check out a JY, but I have noticed that there are actually several different types depending upon whether or not you have the seatbelt indicator lights up on your ceiling. Most of them will have the same cracks in them. The fix I mentioned is a permanent one and cheap, too!

yeah i noticed that the main difference (at least that i saw) was between hatches/coupes and sedans. the ones in hatches and coupes are smaller and the sedans are bigger. my aftermarket clip on wide mirror would not fit on the fucking sedan one but fit perfect on my coupe one before i broke it

PearlDrummer00
03-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Yea that helped alot. Later dudes.....: )

mkymonkey
03-30-2007, 09:21 AM
was that sarcasm?