PDA

View Full Version : having a bad day losing hope

spades
03-29-2007, 03:53 PM
We after letting the accord sit since may/06 I thought it would be a good time to get the car back on the road. got a new battery for it and when installing it I managed to touch the positive to the neg (i'm suck a loser) now the car starts ok but with little power audio turns on and off windows got up slowly and when you turn it off the power stays on. I’m lost guy maybe someone can figure it out for me. Maybe the computer????

buttaz1
03-29-2007, 07:06 PM
im no mechanic
but posiable the computer try disconnecting the battery in a why that it will reset the computer i donno how it happends on accords maybe some one will answer that.
but maybe your batter did you replace that ?
oh try this try reving it to like 3 or 4k and then turn up your windows and and your audio
and if your lucky enough you will have a fun time looking for a short circute some where
i hope i helped alil some one should tell you if i am a dumb ass
~rob

EricW
03-29-2007, 07:16 PM
The power stays on to what exactly? Is the engine still running? I'm assuming the key is out of the ignition.

ZackieDarko
03-29-2007, 07:36 PM
i have crossed the + and - terminals before and it didn't do anything to me

maybe its something unrelated to your shocking experience

Vanilla Sky
03-29-2007, 07:54 PM
carbureted or fuel injected?

buttaz1
03-29-2007, 08:18 PM
i think its carbed says he is a dx user

forrest89sei
03-29-2007, 08:22 PM
i think its carbed says he is a dx user
:bong:

UM I hope thats a joke.

Cuz being a DX USER, LX USER, LX-i USER, SE-i USER, 2.0 SI USER is based solely on the amount of posts you've made on the forum, nothing to do with what car you own, LOL

buttaz1
03-29-2007, 08:30 PM
lol leave me alone its been a long day and my new pos accord is leaking fumes in my car i think?
lol hmmm ganja

spades
03-30-2007, 05:43 AM
its a 89 accord ex carb and yes after i take the key out it still runs when i honk the horn (when running) the interior lights dim when i flip the lights up one goes up all the way the other half ect...

buttaz1
03-30-2007, 06:10 AM
maybe your fuses are shot
under the hood there is a black box with like grean letters or somehting
pop that open and check all of the lil bastards maybe something burnt
i think you got a double post cuz i remember reading this some where and thats what the guy was sopposed to do
good luck man

2oodoor
03-30-2007, 06:11 AM
:bong:
UM I hope thats a joke.
Cuz being a DX USER, LX USER, LX-i USER, SE-i USER, 2.0 SI USER is based solely on the amount of posts you've made on the forum, nothing to do with what car you own, LOL
shhh. I never know-ed that... I was even told something to that effect and did not really get it , now I do. so when do you make S-2000 user?

hey the problem could be a bad battery even though it is new, I see plenty of those all the time. Also check terminals, clean them good and check connections at the other end of the battery cable, not the battery end ... as well.

Estimated Prophet
03-30-2007, 06:15 AM
It's possible(although I doubt it) two or more wires that run side by side are crossing because that surge melted both of their insulation. You'll need to check fuses first of course then you're gonna need to check all the wiring. I'm leaning towards it being your battery. Goto an Advance or something similar and see if they'll let you try a different battery.

I did the same exact thing once except the battery wasn't installed yet. When I put it in all lights would turn on and the horn would honk non stop; I basically destroyed the battery.

buttaz1
03-30-2007, 06:24 AM
oh snapple bottle caps
i was actually right i guess im not a dumb ass after all yay
good luck

Versanick
03-30-2007, 06:38 AM
I crossed the terminals for a solid ten seconds or more, and my MSD ignition box started smoking like crazy (and I assume it's wasted). Nothing else seems/seemed wrong with the car.

Good luck though. Def'n the under-hood fuses are worth checking. Advance will do a battery and alternator test for free. That will eliminate both as a potential problem.

nswst8
03-30-2007, 06:48 AM
If you have the key out of the ignition and the car is still running the problem is in your contacts at the ignition harness. Either at the key switch or the other end of the harness contacts.

I had to replace the harness when I first got the car, $51 and fifteen minutes to change it.

MessyHonda
03-30-2007, 07:57 AM
shhh. I never know-ed that... I was even told something to that effect and did not really get it , now I do. so when do you make S-2000 user?

i want to get a nsx type R logo

:hehe:

jp

spades
03-30-2007, 08:56 AM
ok i found out why i keeps running cuz the o2 sensor was unhooked be now when it runs it still starts no prob but the same thing honk the horn lights dim turn on head lights dim

where is the volt regular??
and is there a relay that can be messed up??

i looked at all the fuses in under the dash and under the hood all ok

cleaned the terms on the bat and checked the bat it is good

88Accord-DX
03-30-2007, 09:35 PM
The voltage regulator is in the alternator.

I've seen on other model cars, some other things happen. Sometimes hooking the battery terminals wrong will fry the pick-up coil, fry the igniton control module, damage the rectifier in the alternator, burn up the PCM. (powertrain control module) Just to name a few off the top of my head.

Tomisimo
03-31-2007, 05:37 AM
Not to juck this thread but...
While i had my car at school not thet long time ago, When I started it agen i noticed thet when I start window wipers they work dut when I shut them off, they stil work, only cure is to shut the engine. Dash lights dont work anymore.
Strangest thing is thet I resently forgat to tern lights off, so I got emty batery. I tryed to start engine with full batery then change it to my batery, as soon i make contact with my batery, the engine dies. :rant:

buttaz1
03-31-2007, 05:42 AM
well dude i think you have better luck then i do right now
check out my thread

spades
04-05-2007, 06:54 AM
so im a complete moron it was the ground from the bat to the body that eyelit was broke under the tape