PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Replacement

TechnoGecko
03-29-2007, 04:53 PM
So the accord is finally due for a new clutch, and I must say I am impressed. This is the original clutch, and it's finally starting to slip now after 185,000 miles.

Anyway, I did some calling around and found a local shop called Precision Honda and Acura that just works on Honda's and Acura's, and they quotes me $659 to replace the clutch along with resurface the flywheel and replace the main real seal, and they have it done the same day. All parts used are genuine Honda parts they said. Appears to be a very reputable shop, and when I bought this car used all of the service on this vehicle had been done there since the mid 90's. I am the second owner of the car, bought it from an old woman who bought it new in 1988!

$659 sound fair? Anything I should look out for, advice, other places in Tucson,Az? Thanks!

russiankid
03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
That price does not sound that bad. You could save a few hundred if you do the job yourself. All you need is tools, the shop manual, time and some one to help you. Considering they will change the rear seal i don't see $659 being a bad price.

MessyHonda
03-29-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah its not a bad price....the clutch in my car was replaced at 113k and they did not adjust it right. they charged 700 bucks. so yeah you are getting a good deal...will they give you warranty also?

bushbean
03-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Does it include replacing the compression plate?

russiankid
03-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Does it include replacing the compression plate?
Add to that the release bearing.

TechnoGecko
04-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Not sure if it includes the compression plate or release bearing, which I assume to be the same as the throwout bearing? I'll have to call and ask. There was a local 'Mr. Clutch' store that wanted $749 for it, but they don't do the rear seal replacement, and since the car has been to this one shop its entire life, I don't see any reason to take it somewhere else. Especially when all they work on is Honda and Acura products. Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what is included in the price.

Thanks guys.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-05-2007, 01:52 AM
LOL, $700 is insane. Go to autozone and get a clutch and flywheel kit, it comes with clutch, pressure plate, release bearing and flywheel. It cost me like $150 for the kit. Then get the repair manual (if you dont already have one) and do it yourself. You will save yourself over $500 and doing it really isnt hard. Or ask places how much they will charge if you bring them the parts. Where are you located at, I know places around me that charge like $350 and include parts.