PDA

View Full Version : Accord not tuned right I think.

mix4
03-29-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm new to tuning engines. Some of you probably saw my thread about my car falling apart. http://3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59007 Well I got it back together running and all but now it my secondaries don't seem to kick in. I can take it all the way to 6k and no extra umph. I've tried setting the 'choke heater' to every tooth it has and I can't get that burst back. Any idears?

EDIT: Since the post in the thread in the URL I posted, I've gotten my car to idle pretty much perfect.

mix4
03-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Well I took the car out today and tried to see if the seconaries would open up at higher rpms, I hit about 60 in 3rd and smoke started pouring out of my exhaust and I could smell the engine burning oil until I let off the gas. Not good. Any ideas?

HondaBoy
03-30-2007, 04:21 PM
dunno about your new problem. but as far as the secondary opening, possibly the diaphram puller is leaking and not letting it hold vacuum. also could be a clogged vacuum port or something to that extent. i found that the diaphram on mine wasnt pulling enough, so i did the manual secondary opener conversion. there is a how to in the how to section. if you can, get a vacuum gauge and connect it to the vacuum port that the secondary opener goes to. its run off of venturi vacuum.