PDA

View Full Version : the 3g is sleeping

ghettogeddy
03-31-2007, 11:11 PM
so yesterday i when i got off work i went and drove my car through the car wash and drov her home and put it in my parking spot pulled my car cover out and put her to sleep

now alot of u are wondering y well lets just say the registration is out so its sitting for at least 5 months lol

but ya im pico and his friend coco are gona come over in a week or 2 and check the compression on the motor and see what its like if it needs to be rebuilt im gona go to the jy and get a a20a3 bock and head and rebuild the bottom end and get the head worked a little also gona be getting the exhaust done proly gona be spending somewhere arnd 100 to 1500 for the rebuild so im open to suggestions on what i should get im thinking ne pistons rings and so on then getting the head p&p and get a delta cam then ill also have the adj cam gear and so on but i havent really thought about what to do with the exhaust i was thinking going with a full pacesetter setup but im not sure like i said comments and suggestions are welcome

MessyHonda
04-01-2007, 12:10 AM
5 months....damn......its summer time damn it.....she needs a fucking tan....and some tan lines.....yum

Cheeseburger
04-01-2007, 12:20 AM
5 months....damn......its summer time damn it.....she needs a fucking tan....and some tan lines.....yum

hahahaha

wOOt

blazin3gen
04-01-2007, 01:27 PM
cant afford insurance? im tellin ya man shits getting expensive as fuck im tired of even the gas prices your better off walking now a days :(

frantik
04-01-2007, 01:44 PM
im tired of even the gas prices your better off walking now a days

you're better off with a new 3gee!! ;)

ghettogeddy
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
cant afford insurance? im tellin ya man shits getting expensive as fuck im tired of even the gas prices your better off walking now a days :(
no i can afford insurance i just dont have my license lol and i cant afford to get it back right now lol i owe like 5k at least
i was young and dumb
but ill get it back plus the carb is all messed and the exaust is all messed so i have to get it running right to pass smog

BITESIZE
04-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Did you ship my lights yet mang?

MessyHonda
04-01-2007, 03:19 PM

true bay area is getting expensive.....i mean 3.23 for gas now....my registration is due next month....good thing i dont have to smog

ghettogeddy
04-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Did you ship my lights yet mang?
no but i will soon
ive been getting off work at 5pm and working 10hr days so i havent had a chance

Accord88LX
04-01-2007, 03:22 PM
3.23 for gas? Jeez.

Its getting to be 2.70 almost here.

ghettogeddy
04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
3.23 for gas? Jeez.
Its getting to be 2.70 almost here.
its supposed to hit 4.30 out here or some shot by middle of summer

but anyways lets get on topic i was looking for tips and maybe things i shoudl buy for this rebuild

MessyHonda
04-01-2007, 03:49 PM
what are your goals?

stock like pico
performance like bobafet
bitching NA motor like openloops....or just buy his engine.... 165whp

frantik
04-01-2007, 04:03 PM
word buy the openloop engine geddy :rockon:

ghettogeddy
04-01-2007, 04:10 PM
how much is it
link link link and is it street legal like smog legal

frantik
04-01-2007, 04:39 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53419&highlight=openloop

i think he got it smogged as a prelude or something.. maybe i'm tripping and that was someone else though

A18A
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
word buy the openloop engine geddy :rockon:
that would be awesome!

ghettogeddy
thats a little much for what i want im not looking for a full built motor plus ill be spending the money throughout the 5 months lol or however long it takes lol

frantik
yeah i know it would be fun though huh :D

A18A
04-01-2007, 04:46 PM
yeah it would be cool, oh well, hope all goes well :D

ghettogeddy
04-01-2007, 04:46 PM
yeah i know it would be fun though huh :D
trust me if i had the 1200 laying around d be on top of it faster then cah on a fleshlight but i dont lol

A18A
04-01-2007, 05:01 PM
trust me if i had the 1200 laying around d be on top of it faster then cah on a fleshlight but i dont lol
bAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:Owned:

MessyHonda
04-01-2007, 05:02 PM
save up the money then.....plus you cant do that kind of a rebuild...it would cost more.

ghettogeddy
04-01-2007, 05:07 PM
well if i get a a20a3 form a jy for under 200 all i need is the block and head with cam and dizzy then i go get some pistons and rings for like 100 or so, and get the block cleaned and the head cleand and p&p for under 200 i should be fine
then i can ghet a delta came for about 150 or so and my adj cam gear and i should be set so thats about 700 or so and it will be like driving a whole new car
then i can spend the rest on exaust

MessyHonda
04-01-2007, 05:22 PM
well if i get a a20a3 form a jy for under 200 all i need is the block and head with cam and dizzy then i go get some pistons and rings for like 100 or so, and get the block cleaned and the head cleand and p&p for under 200 i should be fine
then i can ghet a delta came for about 150 or so and my adj cam gear and i should be set so thats about 700 or so and it will be like driving a whole new car
then i can spend the rest on exaust

look at pico....he has spent a lil bit more than 700 bucks...my goal is to do an obd1 swap sooner or later. so i can use a stock engine but just have it tuned right so it does not blow up.

cali junkyard charge alot of money....i still remember the day i had to spend 68 bucks....max i have ever spent for a starter, power stering pump, armrest....and that was when it was 50% off...not to mention you have to pull the engine your self. and tow it out.

ghettogeddy
04-01-2007, 05:42 PM
look at pico....he has spent a lil bit more than 700 bucks...my goal is to do an obd1 swap sooner or later. so i can use a stock engine but just have it tuned right so it does not blow up.
cali junkyard charge alot of money....i still remember the day i had to spend 68 bucks....max i have ever spent for a starter, power stering pump, armrest....and that was when it was 50% off...not to mention you have to pull the engine your self. and tow it out.
but he also got his tranny redone his .20 over bore on the bloce and a few other stuff that im not doing lol so i think ill be fine if anything ill just go get a head from the jy and use my block with some new pistons that will save some time and money but i still have to figure out what my compresion is gona be like in a week or 2 then ill know what i have to do

snoopyloopy
04-02-2007, 01:23 PM
well, if your block is good, might as well use it. all the blocks are the same, right? only difference being head and pistons in the block. but since you're getting new pistons, that shouldn't even matter. and if i remember correctly, only difference between heads is the cam. so if you're getting a delta cam, then the head is a moot point as well. just get yours rebuilt. with prelude a18a setup for higher revving. that should save you a buttload of money right there.
and i won't be surprised to see $5+/gal for gas come summer if we have any hint of a hurricane. and if it actually hits, i don't think we'll ever see gas below $3 again. that's really rediculous. that's a 500% (340% right now...) increase in price in the last 8 years. and all this bullshit the oil companies is giving us really needs to be investigated. sure the price of oil has gone up, but i've noticed over the last couple months that the price of oil and gas never matches up very well twice. and also, exxon mobil had the highest ever net profit in company and us history for any single company.