PDA

View Full Version : Common parts to break on a 3rd gen...

gomez88accord
04-02-2007, 09:04 AM
hey all,

I have an 89 Accord Sedan LXi parts car that my dad wants me to get off the farm. Its in very very rough shape but there are still some salvagable parts. I'm just wondering what parts are common to break on a 3rd gen. I will be parting the whole car out for steel next weekend so i would like to distunguish between parts worth keeping and garbage. If any of you are interested in a possible part that may yet be in this car, let me know, i have no problem shippin as long as you pay it. As for prices on any parts, dirt cheap. Please leave your input as to what parts commonly break and if ur interested in a part, please PM with the part description and i will get back to you.

Thanks!

2oodoor
04-02-2007, 10:59 AM
where are you from?
common parts not neccessarily breaking but sold would be:
fuel injection system, complete
head assy complete
5 speed transmission complete w/clutchpedal hardware and axles
89 model auto transmission, that is the good one
consoles with armrest
distributor
sunroof visors
radiator
front and rear bumper covers lxi
marker lights and grill parts
rear disc brake set up
front and rear sway bar and hardware lxi

just a few things I can think of anyway.. im sure there is more

snoopyloopy
04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
well, due to the swamping of most junkyards with the 3rd gen accord, people will grab most of the easier/smaller parts from there simply because it might not be worth it with shipping. but yeah, roodoo hit it. that's most of what's sold on the forum. unless you have any rare performance parts. i'd only add a few things to his list:
cupholders
stock eq
stock cd player
jdm shit

gomez88accord
04-02-2007, 01:41 PM
where are you from?

im from ontario canada, thanks for the feedback guys. looks like i've got a few of those parts on the car still.

if u think anything was left out, ur input is greatly appriciated

bushbean
04-02-2007, 01:45 PM
If your car has manual steering, then I got dibbs on the steering rack and crossmember!

ZackieDarko
04-02-2007, 01:53 PM
spedometer cable
Vehicle Speed Sensor

gomez88accord
04-02-2007, 01:57 PM
If your car has manual steering, then I got dibbs on the steering rack and crossmember!

sorry, shes power steering

snoopyloopy
04-02-2007, 03:39 PM
no offense and i don't mean to rain on your parade, but save yourself some time pulling parts and see if you have any of the really rare parts. because since you live in canada, shipping would probably end up being higher for most people than from a us shipper. so unless it's a rare part that's hard to find in the states, most people will say it'd be nice to have but the price of shipping makes it less-than-stellar of a deal.

coope
04-02-2007, 04:09 PM
i want those tail lights ill give u 20 plus ship

gomez88accord
04-03-2007, 04:13 AM
no offense and i don't mean to rain on your parade, but save yourself some time pulling parts and see if you have any of the really rare parts. because since you live in canada, shipping would probably end up being higher for most people than from a us shipper. so unless it's a rare part that's hard to find in the states, most people will say it'd be nice to have but the price of shipping makes it less-than-stellar of a deal.

Im just keeping all doors open for anyone in need of any parts, not like im trying to make money here. I only want to help those in need of a part who otherwise may have to pay lots more for. i'm sure in most cases ppl wouldnt have a problem paying shipping and a small bit of cash for my trouble. As for rare parts, are you refering to JDM parts? and if there are any other rare parts, please list any. thanks

gomez88accord
04-03-2007, 04:55 AM
i want those tail lights ill give u 20 plus ship

you have PM