PDA

View Full Version : Very Curious Question!!!

PearlDrummer00
04-02-2007, 01:52 PM
more stupid than curious actully lol..... BUT OK so im sure everyone has seen the fast and the furious right? Take paul walkers eclipse for example.... if you pay attention to the sound on the inside of the car when hes shifting you'll here that everytime he "throws" it, theres a metal "clacking" noise. So heres my cheesy impression: ....vrooOOOOMMM "CLACK" vrooOOOMMMM "CLACK"!!!!! you might have to watch it again to actully understand what im talking about but i wanna know what the hell that noise is?!! Cuz it sounds WAY Badass:rockon: So does anyone have any idea what im talking about hahahahaha

MessyHonda
04-02-2007, 02:00 PM
:rice:

special effects buddy

snoopyloopy
04-02-2007, 02:10 PM
the lack of sound deadening. and last i checked, a "clack" sound from your tranny isn't good. or grinding sounds. neither sound like good sounds to me.

Beanshonda55
04-02-2007, 02:14 PM
and if u pay close attention he shifts 7 times in the first seen with the eclipse.

PearlDrummer00
04-02-2007, 02:18 PM
hahahahahahaha

Estimated Prophet
04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
everyone has seen the fast and the furious right?

No and I never will.

mkymonkey
04-02-2007, 02:33 PM
lmao ok ok...proof

8 shifts with the "cool" sound (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MK8yujNMP9M)

Pico
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
it's due to the fact that that the flux capacitor is connected to the internal shift drive by way of the dilithium crystals therfore bypassing the external warp drive in conjunction to the anti-matter mixer therfore causing a high speed induction into the transport chamber allowing a phase linear shift mode causing the clucking or as you call it clacking noise with each shift.:D

mkymonkey
04-02-2007, 02:40 PM
lol...man i love that movie!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IdFNBk4oTLU

mkymonkey
04-02-2007, 02:40 PM
it's due to the fact that that the flux capacitor is connected to the internal shift drive by way of the dilithium crystals therfore bypassing the external warp drive in conjunction to the anti-matter mixer therfore causing a high speed induction into the transport chamber allowing a phase linear shift mode causing the clucking or as you call it clacking noise with each shift.:D

holy shit! professor pico!

mkymonkey
04-02-2007, 02:44 PM
oh and i counted eight again (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bfrwp7bCfuM)

Rockcord
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
I love you....

Rockcord
04-02-2007, 04:23 PM
i never understood how he randomly spins out??? wtf? I can shift at 6000 everytime in a parking lot and not randomly spin out... wtf Paul walker... you :rice: n00b!

frantik
04-02-2007, 04:42 PM
the acting in that 30 second clip was horrible.. and there was only like 5 words said. oh man that movie looks bad :lol:

Estimated Prophet
04-02-2007, 04:49 PM
the acting in that 30 second clip was horrible.. and there was only like 5 words said. oh man that movie looks bad :lol:

Yeah that noise must be the gears in Vin Diesel's head judging by his robotic acting.

A18A
04-02-2007, 04:50 PM
gayness

Pico
04-02-2007, 06:14 PM
holy shit! professor pico!
Yes I have a B.S. Degree

I love you....
:rockon:

buttaz1
04-08-2007, 05:44 PM
to me it seemed like its coming when he cluctchs and then shifts and then spins out and screams barnicalls

Civic Accord Honda
04-08-2007, 05:52 PM
WOoT i have all the Fast And Furious movies i have 4 ...2 of the first one i had to get the tricked out verson ,2fast 2 fuious and, Fast And Furious Tokyo DRIFT

buttaz1
04-08-2007, 09:53 PM
go and sniff primer cah lol its funn as hell

lx-i coupe
04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
maybe he downshifts?:kekeke: i forgot how gay that wing was, if it didn't have the park bench and the decals it would'nt be that bad of a car

AccordEpicenter
04-12-2007, 04:54 AM
that movie is soo fucked up lol. Havent you guys ever seen the streetracing chronicals? Especially the third one? They mock out that scene pretty good

snoopyloopy
04-12-2007, 06:04 AM
maybe he downshifts?:kekeke: i forgot how gay that wing was, if it didn't have the park bench and the decals it would'nt be that bad of a car
except that on dsm forums, they've all analyzed that car from the inside out and the major concensus is that it's actually an rs with special effects. so yes, it would still be a horrible car in real life without the rice parts.

2oodoor
04-12-2007, 06:23 AM
just shift without using clutch...

mitsubishitty

speedpenguin
04-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Wow I can't believe I couldn't remember how bad that movie was. But that's how all the "Cool" cars looked in 2000. (shudder)

I can't hear this "clacking" noise everyone is talking about.

lx-i coupe
04-12-2007, 04:04 PM
except that on dsm forums, they've all analyzed that car from the inside out and the major concensus is that it's actually an rs with special effects. so yes, it would still be a horrible car in real life without the rice parts.

oops, i'm thinking of the supra. yeah the eclipse really isn't that great

Legend_master
04-12-2007, 04:40 PM
i never understood how he randomly spins out??? wtf? I can shift at 6000 everytime in a parking lot and not randomly spin out... wtf Paul walker... you :rice: n00b!

Did you also check out that when he was spinning out the reverse lights were on :dunno: . As for the noise, I think that is suppose to be the "short shifter" . If you play the need for speed games, they add the same noise in there. It's stupid, but you could put a piece of metal that touches your shifter every time you shift. I would have to tell you that would be really pointless and stupid mod, but you could do it.

lx-i coupe
04-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Did you also check out that when he was spinning out the reverse lights were on :dunno: . As for the noise, I think that is suppose to be the "short shifter" . If you play the need for speed games, they add the same noise in there. It's stupid, but you could put a piece of metal that touches your shifter every time you shift. I would have to tell you that would be really pointless and stupid mod, but you could do it.
i just realized my coupe does that with the short shifter:eek:, though it's probably because my heat shield is lose, and i think it hits the bottom of my shifter :beat:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
04-15-2007, 02:51 PM
The only way I think a shifter can produce that noise is if its one of the metal gated shifters like you see on some older sports cars.
Example: http://www.metromotorsports.com/graphics/products/219.jpg