PDA

View Full Version : Acura/Accord transmission

Blizzard
04-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I searched, but came up with nothing. After I read the How To, I sent the guy who wrote it a PM but havnt got a reponce yet. Heres the deal. I want third gear to be lower. First and second are fine since the only time either of them are engaged is on the pace laps. When we tear the transmission down fourth and fifth will be removed anyway.

My questions is, do I need anything other than just the third gear out of an Integra? I got the part number off the How To thread. #23471-PG9-600.
50.94 on AcuraOEMparts.com dosnt seem to bad.
I just need to know if I need anything else if all I want is the third gear.

MessyHonda
04-03-2007, 08:41 AM
i think you need to swap out all the gears from the first gen integra. only the 5th gear is interchangable. you may want to look into the prelude transmition...if im right 1and 2nd gear are the same but 3rd 4th and 5th are shorter.

Blizzard
04-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Its already got a Prelude transmission. Still to high.

ghettogeddy
04-03-2007, 10:59 AM
well if he got a part number for just the 3rd gear then u should be able to just change the one also what thread did u get the part numbers for the gears from ive been looking for it

Blizzard
04-03-2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7387

snoopyloopy
04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I searched, but came up with nothing. After I read the How To, I sent the guy who wrote it a PM but havnt got a reponce yet. Heres the deal. I want third gear to be lower. First and second are fine since the only time either of them are engaged is on the pace laps. When we tear the transmission down fourth and fifth will be removed anyway.
My questions is, do I need anything other than just the third gear out of an Integra? I got the part number off the How To thread. #23471-PG9-600.
50.94 on AcuraOEMparts.com dosnt seem to bad.
I just need to know if I need anything else if all I want is the third gear.
if you hardly ever use 1st and 2nd as it is, then should it really matter which ones they are...?

MessyHonda
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
yeah how about a new tire set up?

like i said....i think you have to change out all the gears with the teg gears...but you can keep 5th gear off the accord.

Oldblueaccord
04-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Crazy thought ... would an automatic be better just using first and second maybe?

wp

guaynabo89
04-03-2007, 06:45 PM
the diff has one less tooth on the teg than the accord.( or other way around)

dont rememer about the main or countershafts if there was a difference between the two. check phydeaux's old thread he had all the part numbers listed

Blizzard
04-03-2007, 07:17 PM
if you hardly ever use 1st and 2nd as it is, then should it really matter which ones they are...?

I was going to buy a new third gear from Acura. I cant find a whole transmission out of an Integra.
And if I did, chances are it would cost more than 50.00 at a junkyard.

AZmike
04-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Even if the Integra gear will fit on the shaft with the correct spacing, you'll almost certainly need the pair (both mainshaft and countershaft gears). Since the shaft spacing between the two transmissions is the same there's no way to change the number of teeth without changing the pitch of the gear (tooth size). The different gears would not mesh properly.

2oodoor
06-14-2008, 03:45 AM
Crazy thought ... would an automatic be better just using first and second maybe?

wp

old thread I know, I was looking for something.
anyway, yes I agree blue, wildshovelbill06 ran first place every friday nite last year using an automatic, it was a perfect fit for that particular track.