PDA

View Full Version : Calling all 3geezers, I need your help.

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 11:26 AM
After weeks of searching and many different companies (form & function, Tein, omni, k-sport, and many others) I have found a company that will mix match coilover sets from different cars. I dished out the cash to get the fronts from an 88 civic and rears from a 90 accord. My dilemma is that I do not have the time or any more money to get the top hats so I can mount the struts to them or machine the ones that come with the coilover to match the accord top hat. I need you guys to send me 2 front and 2 rear top hats, so I can make this project happen. If anybody has these parts and doesn't mind parting with them that would be great. I was told it will be about 2 weeks before I get the coilovers as long as there are not stock problems.

These (http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/d2-racing/) are the set I got, :thumbdn: to the color. But thumbsup to the 36 way adjustable.

mkymonkey
04-03-2007, 12:37 PM
nice!

Rockcord
04-03-2007, 12:46 PM
bump, cant help though :( I would if i could for sure maing!

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys, the sooner I get some the closer we get to a full bodied coilover system.

88LXi68
04-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Wish I would have known about this before I sent my Konis to get modified...

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Wish I would have known about this before I sent my Konis to get modified...

I dident want to put it out there untill I found a company that would split up kits. Sorry I dident get it sooner

ZackieDarko
04-03-2007, 02:29 PM
how much did it cost you?

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 02:30 PM
how much did it cost you?

$250 a corner and $35 for shipping, so $1035.00 . That's why I dont have any cash left.

ZackieDarko
04-03-2007, 02:54 PM
jesus H christ that is a lot

well at least you will have a bad ass suspension

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 02:59 PM
jesus H christ that is a lot
well at least you will have a bad ass suspension

When you consider the price of billsteens and getting them re valved, then some nice springs. You get upwards of $800.00 + and you dont even have adjustable struts. I really hope this works, so we will have an option for suspension upgrades.

86AccordLxi
04-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Not to shit on your parade, but ksports/d2's (they're the same) have a crappy reputation (in 240land, at least--haven't looked into honda stuff though).

Also, for coilovers, less adjustment tends to be better--the best damped setups are the ones that are 8 or 10way --- anything over 15 is meh.

BUT, freakin' cool to finally have an integrated coilover setup on a 3g. What springrates are you getting?

Alex

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Not to shit on your parade, but ksports/d2's (they're the same) have a crappy reputation (in 240land, at least--haven't looked into honda stuff though).

Also, for coilovers, less adjustment tends to be better--the best damped setups are the ones that are 8 or 10way --- anything over 15 is meh.

BUT, freakin' cool to finally have an integrated coilover setup on a 3g. What springrates are you getting?

Alex

No probs, the Ksports are held in decent regard for the price in the Honda market I :dunno: about Nissan. For the spring rates I went with 15kg/mm in the front and 18 kg/mm in the rear. They were the only company willing to do this, so I had to go with this company.

wprocomp
04-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I got the top hats off my stock springs and struts if you want them legend

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I got the top hats off my stock springs and struts if you want them legend

PM sent

88LXi68
04-03-2007, 04:57 PM
$250 a corner and $35 for shipping, so $1035.00 . That's why I dont have any cash left.

Sounds reasonable, i am paying about $800 to modify the konis. So $1035 is a pretty good 1 off price. Thumbs up for having the balls to do it, but I definitely would have been down to get a set like that.

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Sounds reasonable, i am paying about $800 to modify the konis. So $1035 is a pretty good 1 off price. Thumbs up for having the balls to do it, but I definitely would have been down to get a set like that.

Well maybe next time around (cause you know your never going to sell that coupe), thanks for the props. Well wprocomp is going to hook me up with the tophats, so I will make a new thread when I get everything put together. Everybody wish me luck

MessyHonda
04-03-2007, 05:18 PM
man....you are right.....i spent like 400 bucks on my suspension and the only thing that is adjustable is my front dc sturt bar....lol

Oldblueaccord
04-03-2007, 06:15 PM
If i might ask what did Tein tell you? I have been thinking about calling them but its not in the cards this year I think to much going on atm.

wp

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 06:16 PM
If i might ask what did Tein tell you? I have been thinking about calling them but its not in the cards this year I think to much going on atm.
wp

I just got there reply today.

Dear Antares Guy,

Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance suspension products.

Unfortunately we do not sell individual dampers. We only sell them as
complete kits. Sorry for the inconvenience.

However, TEIN Japan is working on a new program called Specialized Damper
Service. The way it will work is your original suspension components are
sent to TEIN Japan and redesigned into a kit, similar to our Super Street
coilovers. They will be built to customer specifications for spring rate,
damping force, use of twin or mono tube design, use of pillowball upper
mounts(if applicable), and use of new or original materials for
construction.

That is all the information that we have at the moment, but we should soon
be getting more information regarding this service within the next few
months. Please keep posted with us for the details.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Sales

Staff @ TEIN USA INC.
9798 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
Phone: (562)861-9161
Fax: (562)861-9171
www.tein.com

wprocomp
04-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I just got there reply today.

Tein would be my personal choice but it would prob be more than D2's

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Tein would be my personal choice but it would prob be more than D2's

I was thinking about that, but I would have to pay Tein which would have been incredibly pricey. I then would have to ship all my suspension to Japan. That would prob end up being over 2K depending on what I got done to the struts.

wprocomp
04-03-2007, 06:46 PM
i know what coilovers I want that are already made for our cars but I aint got 2k atm

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 06:48 PM
i know what coilovers I want that are already made for our cars but I aint got 2k atm

Are you talking about those Malaysian ones? I contacted them, but they never got back to me. ALso in american money those were only $899.00

wprocomp
04-03-2007, 06:51 PM
no they are a small ass performance shop in japan-but there stuff is hella exspensive because its all hand-made in house

Legend_master
04-03-2007, 06:54 PM
no they are a small ass performance shop in japan-but there stuff is hella exspensive because its all hand-made in house

You talk like you dont have a set Mugen adjustable suspension sitting brand new in the box at your house :squint: . That company sounds like they make some nice stuff.

wprocomp
04-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I sold the mugen sus to carotman about 3 months ago-I didnt want it sitting anymore and i needed cash pretty bad at the time-I really miss it though =(

guaynabo89
04-03-2007, 07:10 PM
teins had those ads out about custom suspension for over a year and still not started! wtf

i think i posted that in the suspension forum a while ago

good work buddy keep it up

86AccordLxi
04-05-2007, 11:41 AM
15k/18k....jesus. Most ksport dampers can barely handle 8k/6k, hope the damping can cope.

Also, tein is mostly overpriced crap. All the lower end stuff is spendy and not worth it. Twin-tube design (non-inverted) and mediocre damping. For the price you pay you should be getting inverted monotubes.

Alex

Legend_master
04-05-2007, 11:49 AM
15k/18k....jesus. Most ksport dampers can barely handle 8k/6k, hope the damping can cope.

Also, tein is mostly overpriced crap. All the lower end stuff is spendy and not worth it. Twin-tube design (non-inverted) and mediocre damping. For the price you pay you should be getting inverted monotubes.

Alex

They had an option to go all the way up to 22K :nervous: .