PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Problem

dr_chocolate513
04-04-2007, 06:57 AM
whats up 3geez!! hey this is the problem i am having. one of my headlamps was dim so i replaced both of my headlamps and one is still brighter than the other. i have already checked the search and i performed some of the prescribed actions you all at given to other people. like checking the wires, fuses, and cleaning the connector. i just want to get my moneys worth out of the silverstar's!! they are great. well just holla at me with some feedback guys. peace.

MessyHonda
04-04-2007, 07:27 AM
are they adjusted right?

LX-incredible
04-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Is it dim on both the high and low beams? If so it is the ground wire. I believe there is a sub connector behind the power steering reservoir, check that. If dim on only one, check the fuses in the under-dash box. If that checks out, you are back to the wiring.

dr_chocolate513
04-04-2007, 07:53 AM
its dim on the driverside only. both high and low beams. the same as before i replaced and put the new lamps in. the fuses are good and they didnt need adjusting. where is the location of the ground wire so i can check that??

Blkblurr
04-04-2007, 08:21 AM
The ground wire may be breaking at the flex point of the wire when it open and closes.

mkymonkey
04-04-2007, 08:34 AM
have you followed the wiring with your hand to check for rips?

dr_chocolate513
04-05-2007, 03:51 PM
i rechecked the wires and whoever had the car before me had did a bad sodering job and the wires were coming aloose. i just crimped them and just covered them with a bunch of electrical tape. thanks guys again for helping me out and saving me some dough.

russiankid
04-05-2007, 04:18 PM
i rechecked the wires and whoever had the car before me had did a bad sodering job and the wires were coming aloose. i just crimped them and just covered them with a bunch of electrical tape. thanks guys again for helping me out and saving me some dough.
Make sure when you get the time to solder them correctly and use heat shrink tubing. Or pull the whole wiring harness from the junkyard and replace it.