PDA

View Full Version : Legality issues

1989se-i
09-08-2002, 11:28 AM
Are custom intakes legal? Just wonderin cause on that mtv thing, someone got pulled over and the cops mentioned an altered intake...

Also, do blinkers need to be orange?

2Fast_Fiero
09-08-2002, 11:36 AM
Yes, blinkers need to be some sort of red or orange, the fronts must be orange, and the rears have to be either red or orange, either you can have the front blinkers clear, but you must have an orange bulb, I don't know why, and Custom Intakes shouldn't be illigal, because if they were Illigal, every performance company like AEM and Iceman would be put out of buisness for good. For the rear tail lights, You must have 3 colors I belive, The brake light MUST have a red lens, no mater what color bulb you have, it must be red, the tail light blinker can be clear with an orange bulb. MUST HAVE orange bulb, front blinkers can be clear also, but must have orange bulb. People here get pulled over all the time for the clear tail lights, The Clear Tail Lights are Illigal, and the Altezzas are Legal.

staticpat
09-08-2002, 12:25 PM
i checked my local laws and front blinkers can be white.

shepherd79
09-08-2002, 03:10 PM
i think it depends on the state you live in. check with your state.
oh and you can get clear LED light bulbs that will glow yellow.

87Hybrid
09-08-2002, 04:26 PM
It was probably a california car and no mechanical parts can be replaced with a part that doesn't have a CARB (California Air Research Board) sticker and certification. That is why a 2foot section of mandral bent aluminum tubing with a cone filter costs so much because teh manufacture has to pay for the research on every vehicle that the part is used for to make sure that it will not make the car a mass poluter.

Neuspeed87lx
09-08-2002, 05:37 PM
i heard you need some kind of certificate that states your intake is legal ...im not sure though and i wouldnt know where to get it ...

"quote"
The brake light MUST have a red lens, no mater what color bulb you have, it must be red, the tail light blinker can be clear with an orange bulb. MUST HAVE orange bulb, front blinkers can be clear also, but must have orange bulb. People here get pulled over all the time for the clear tail lights, The Clear Tail Lights are Illigal, and the Altezzas are Legal.

haha i love the town i live in ....my tails are all clear and the cops could care less

Vanilla Sky
09-08-2002, 05:50 PM
by federal law, there must be a blinker visible from the front half of the car, and from the rear...(sides) it can be white, amber, or red... brake lights MUST be red... turn signals and other marker lights must be amber(color of choice for most places), red, or clear

these are hte federal laws... they do vary by local... just check out with the local DMV before you modify

Derick