PDA

View Full Version : Free Honda Inspection - Honda Car Care Days

Toneloc5145
04-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Saw this on another forum and figured I'd pass the news. It sounds like a good deal.

We'll inspect your Honda -- at no charge to you -- during Honda Car Care Days. Thanks to this detailed 40-point inspection, you'll know if anything on your vehicle needs attention. How's that for great detective work?

April 2-30, 2007
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.

Your convenient 40-point inspection will include:

* A thorough examination of your Honda's engine, brakes, drivetrain, suspension and steering components.

* A detailed report of your vehicle's condition.

* Inspection completed by Honda-trained technicians.

* Open Saturdays.

* Full line of replacement tires.

At participating Honda dealers nationwide. April is National Car Care Month.

Here's the list of participating dealerships:

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/hccd.asp

MessyHonda
04-05-2007, 05:34 PM
SWEEEEEET!....even tho AAA does the same thing....i took in my car and they did basic check up.

frantik
04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
fricken sweet... i need to get my susension checked out so i think ill take it over there :D

Civic Accord Honda
04-05-2007, 06:04 PM
nice i going to see if thay do it at power honda i be by power honda on the 18th

russiankid
04-05-2007, 06:06 PM
So this is through out all April? I may considering taking mien over.

Civic Accord Honda
04-05-2007, 06:08 PM
WOoT
Power Honda Valencia
23551 Magic Mountain Pkwy Valencia, CA 91355 (661)255-5551

Legend_master
04-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I think they would freak out if I brought mine in there.
lets see what we have here mister Legend_master, you seem to have the engine and brakes from an integra and the suspension from a civic. I dont really know how to tell you this, but that's not an accord anymore :lol: .

mbc
04-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I think they would freak out if I brought mine in there. :lol: .
X2!
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/copycat.gif

Civic Accord Honda
04-05-2007, 06:36 PM
thay would cry if thay saw mine cry in joy cuz how much it would cost to fix umm CAH your bill to fix everything come out to 8500000

Toneloc5145
04-05-2007, 07:42 PM
So this is through out all April? I may considering taking mien over.

Yep! My car is not due for an inspection for a while, but my brother needs one this month, and I'm going to tell him about this.

1ajs
04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
wonder what they would think if mk3g showed up lol

RamThis
04-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Legend, I should drive the parts car to Huggins Honda down the street from me and ask them to do the free inspection on it LMAO.

Well Mr. RamThis, Legend was just in here with his civegra hatch, and it looks like you wound up with his old suspension and engine, and just enough of a body to hold them in place.....

snoopyloopy
04-06-2007, 09:47 PM
sweet. i'll definitely get over and get in on this. especially if it's free. should help me determine if i want to soldier on or just find another one to start over with.

frantik
04-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Pico you should take your parts car in :lol:

Legend_master
04-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Legend, I should drive the parts car to Huggins Honda down the street from me and ask them to do the free inspection on it LMAO.

There first response would be "you know theres no interior in here, Right?" :lol: .

MessyHonda
04-07-2007, 12:38 PM
alright just came by from honda...and yes they are doing it...they said they would take 1.5 hours for my car....made it seam like it was old or someshit...hope they get a nice surprise when i come in.

RamThis
04-07-2007, 12:55 PM
There first response would be "you know theres no interior in here, Right?" :lol: .

"What, my milk crate seat isn't good enough for you???"

Ever heard the contry song "Ain't nothin' wrong with the radio"? Sad thing is, it dont even have a damn radio LOL.

snoopyloopy
04-09-2007, 04:04 PM
quite honestly, if i take my car over there, they'll try really hard to get me to drive home in something new. they'll probably tell me my car isn't safe to drive off the lot.

irondragon013
04-09-2007, 04:29 PM
quite honestly, if i take my car over there, they'll try really hard to get me to drive home in something new. they'll probably tell me my car isn't safe to drive off the lot.

Problem List:

Bad tranny
accident damage
bad rack and pinion
Needs suspension work i.e. replaced
and it goes on...

I don't need some one to tell me whats wrong. They would probly try to give me a new car:banned:

snoopyloopy
04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Problem List:
Bad tranny
accident damage
bad rack and pinion
Needs suspension work i.e. replaced
and it goes on...
I don't need some one to tell me whats wrong. They would probly try to give me a new car:banned:
heh, same exact problems here. and my body elec is screwed up too. my emerg. flashers don't work (and if i try to use them, i can't use my turn signals for five minutes afterwards), sun damage to paint, etc.

frantik
04-09-2007, 05:00 PM
made it seam like it was old or someshit...

our cars ARE old dude :D and i'm sure the dealships dont get many 3gee customers

i was gonna go in last week then i got hella sick so hopefully tomorrow or the next day. i need to find out whats up with my suspension before I go to the meet.. :nervous:

MessyHonda
04-09-2007, 10:52 PM
our cars ARE old dude :D and i'm sure the dealships dont get many 3gee customers

i was gonna go in last week then i got hella sick so hopefully tomorrow or the next day. i need to find out whats up with my suspension before I go to the meet.. :nervous:

well...they dont know us....my goal is to match a new accord in hp....so 140whp or 166enginehp....i will see if i can reach it with out a rebuild. and yeah im taking it in....im going to see if i can get the oil pan and headers done b4 the meet also

A18A
04-09-2007, 10:58 PM
i want a free inspection :rant:

forrest89sei
04-09-2007, 11:28 PM

But some still know whats up.

For Example, we used to take our 86 LX to Merced Honda and I used to see a lot of Third Gen Accords there, I even went in the shop when they were repairing my back rear upper control arms and they had 5 copies of the 1989 Accord Service manual. So depending on the dealer, most will have a manual and know whats up, as long as your not Carb :D

Vanilla Sky
04-10-2007, 04:05 AM
I plan on taking my carbed car in today! It's a real pile. Greasebomb engine and bad trans. Bald tires and a worn suspension.

Maybe they'll trade it straight up for a new Fit Sport!

On second thought, I'll pass. I know my car's a pile, and I know what it needs. It's just that I can't afford it right now.

If you wanna help me out, buy parts from my junkyard!

Rockcord
04-11-2007, 01:46 PM
ok well just to warn you guys... my friend and I rolled down to our dealer, and they said we had to get a letter in the mail to get it for free.... neither of us did not being the original owners or anything... so yeah they will be asses about it more than likely...

Estimated Prophet
04-11-2007, 02:03 PM
That's what I figured. Anyone in service dept at a dealership is already an ass but when it comes to free stuff I'm sure they're even worse.

frantik
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
well i just called and made an appointment for tomorrow :D I specifically asked if there were any requirements and she said no you just need to make an appointment. :D

MessyHonda
04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
well i just called and made an appointment for tomorrow :D I specifically asked if there were any requirements and she said no you just need to make an appointment. :D

woot im also going in tomorrow...they want my car at 7:30-8 i know its early but for free...its not bad.

Rockcord
04-11-2007, 04:23 PM
that pisses me off, what a fucking duesch... im gonna look around for other ones that are close...

snoopyloopy
04-11-2007, 04:48 PM
ok well just to warn you guys... my friend and I rolled down to our dealer, and they said we had to get a letter in the mail to get it for free.... neither of us did not being the original owners or anything... so yeah they will be asses about it more than likely...
you guys got jipped. they're supposed to do it anyway. i went yesterday with my gf (she drives a 96 accord v6) and we both got our free inspections. no appointments, just drove up, asked for the inspection and they did them. the real reason we went was bc her cel was on so we wanted to get that checked. and so she's getting free o2 sensors under 15 year emissions system warranty. so yeah, it probably depends on the dealer. check that list in the first post and see if there aren't more than one in your area. i figure most of us are just going for shits and giggles and we already know most of the problems with our cars. so if you can't find a dealer willing to do it, then it probably won't be the end of the world.

frantik
04-11-2007, 05:14 PM
woot im also going in tomorrow...they want my car at 7:30-8 i know its early but for free...its not bad.

yeah he wanted to give me 8:30 and i was like uhhhhh how bout the afternoon :D but 11 is the latest she said o i ended up with 1045

Rockcord
04-11-2007, 05:18 PM
you guys got jipped. they're supposed to do it anyway. i went yesterday with my gf (she drives a 96 accord v6) and we both got our free inspections. no appointments, just drove up, asked for the inspection and they did them. the real reason we went was bc her cel was on so we wanted to get that checked. and so she's getting free o2 sensors under 15 year emissions system warranty. so yeah, it probably depends on the dealer. check that list in the first post and see if there aren't more than one in your area. i figure most of us are just going for shits and giggles and we already know most of the problems with our cars. so if you can't find a dealer willing to do it, then it probably won't be the end of the world.

well my EGR is bad, and there is a couple recalls apartantly, so i wanted to get those few things looked at...

Cheeseburger
04-11-2007, 10:36 PM
should i do it? hmmm

frantik
04-12-2007, 02:43 AM
^ why not? it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MessyHonda
04-12-2007, 06:47 AM
im going right now gang. :thumbup:

frantik
04-12-2007, 10:07 AM
just dropped off the beast.. even got a free ride home courtesy of honda :thumbup:

MessyHonda
04-12-2007, 05:09 PM
i just came from it...and they sucked.....they just told me my break fluid and power sterring fluid should be flushed and they wanted to do it...i was like no thanks.

what a waste of time.....i would not pay the 65 bucks that is worth.

Rockcord
04-12-2007, 05:22 PM
im gettin mine on monday, I scared the attendant, I was like well I have a 3rd gen accord and he was like "whoa" and i was like "yeah, i know, its sweet."

ahahah but yeah Delon in Salem, OR are facists...

frantik
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
i just came from it...and they sucked.....they just told me my break fluid and power sterring fluid should be flushed and they wanted to do it...i was like no thanks.

what a waste of time.....i would not pay the 65 bucks that is worth.

lol.. yeah i'm kinda disappointed too.. like they didnt even tell me I need an alignment and i fucking need one hella bad

they just told me i need a bunch of seals replaced which i had replaced just a year ago.. when i told him that he's all oh well if there's old oil on there then it could look like that. thanks buddy. one new thing he did mention was one of my fuel injector seals needs replacing so i'll need to look into that i guess.

they didnt mention jack shit bout my suspension so i'm gonna go get an alignment and hopefully thats all i need *prays to 3geezus* :bow:

2drSE-i
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
ya nissan did the same thing, my buddy took his 95 altima in and they were like "you need cv joints, a new axle, (probably true) and told him all his fluids needed to be flushed." Its all just a scam to bring in money for the dealerships. Its just like hospitals offering full body scans.

MessyHonda
04-12-2007, 08:39 PM
lol.. yeah i'm kinda disappointed too.. like they didnt even tell me I need an alignment and i fucking need one hella bad

they just told me i need a bunch of seals replaced which i had replaced just a year ago.. when i told him that he's all oh well if there's old oil on there then it could look like that. thanks buddy. one new thing he did mention was one of my fuel injector seals needs replacing so i'll need to look into that i guess.

they didnt mention jack shit bout my suspension so i'm gonna go get an alignment and hopefully thats all i need *prays to 3geezus* :bow:

yeah i was looking at the check off list....and it looks like a guy just went down the list marking Satisfactory. they said i need my ac to get fixed(never worked since i got the car) then my door handle that my friend looked...then they said i had body damage that i should get fixed...i wonder what the guys thought of the customs and cool stuff under the hood. just imagine if a b20 or b18 was in it....they would would of flip.

snoopyloopy
04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
yeah i was looking at the check off list....and it looks like a guy just went down the list marking Satisfactory. they said i need my ac to get fixed(never worked since i got the car) then my door handle that my friend looked...then they said i had body damage that i should get fixed...i wonder what the guys thought of the customs and cool stuff under the hood. just imagine if a b20 or b18 was in it....they would would of flip.
haha, yeah, i don't think they spent much time on my car. i think they knew i was just there for shits and giggles since it's free. but they really told me nothing new. they wrote that they recommend a full service. (which at $230, could be worth it if it includes labor, but meh.) they told me i needed new rear tires, tried to sell me a pair at $49/each. i told them that's because i just rotated those off the front. told me my right cv joint was gone, i told them i have new axles at home. and that i have a major oil leak and i should probably replace all my seals. i knew that already and planned to do that soon. only thing really of value that i got was the offer for new splash shield since mine is fubar. at $103, that's not bad.

MessyHonda
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
haha, yeah, i don't think they spent much time on my car. i think they knew i was just there for shits and giggles since it's free. but they really told me nothing new. they wrote that they recommend a full service. (which at $230, could be worth it if it includes labor, but meh.) they told me i needed new rear tires, tried to sell me a pair at $49/each. i told them that's because i just rotated those off the front. told me my right cv joint was gone, i told them i have new axles at home. and that i have a major oil leak and i should probably replace all my seals. i knew that already and planned to do that soon. only thing really of value that i got was the offer for new splash shield since mine is fubar. at $103, that's not bad.

yeah....same here just shits and giggles.....but yeah...they did not tell me nothing new beside flush the break system and power steering.