PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Need Headlight Help!!!

3G Jester
09-08-2002, 11:53 AM
my right front head light keeps blowing 10 amp fuses--instantly when i put em in--- i went through 4 already. I tried using 20 amp and 30 amp fuses. The head light wouldnt even turn on. so i think theres a short? i tried 3 bulbs. I dont know what to do1!!! help!!!

smufguy
09-08-2002, 01:38 PM
u got it right, there is a shot in ur line. Check if there is a cut or like anything is hanging loose. also check ur fuse box. does ur retractor and parking lights work? i am guessing they use 15 AMP fuses, i am not sure. try one for fun :)

jigga225
09-08-2002, 02:24 PM
whenever fuses blow in an instant like that, there's a short somewhere.. thats what its designed to do.
Dont put bigger fuses or use wire there, as it will only mess up your wiring, and may cause it so melt down.

check to see that no wires from around your headlight assembly are touching the body of the car....

A20A1
09-09-2002, 09:59 PM
Check the wire harness... the wires could have corroded and came off... if the positive wire touches the car or the ground on the harness then you blow the fuse.

I'm not sure but there is a harness that wraps around the fan motor... You could have cut a wire if the harness came in contact with the spinning blades.

Also make sure the heat of the buld didn't melt a wire, or other heat souces like the header.

You'll drain the battery if you put in a larger amp fuse since the grounded circuit is allowed to stay open.