PDA

View Full Version : New guy from MAINE?

Cmac
04-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Yo what's up everyone new guy from Maine here, Cmac to my boys, and Chris to the legal system, I have an 89 accord just bought it it needs a new engine, lol 200 K on the one in it. What can i do Ill do some searching but any random help can be greatful, All the help you guys can give me would be great. Thanks in advance if you all have AIM hit me up anytime
twizdid1

-CMAC

MessyHonda
04-09-2007, 12:06 PM
if you want a engine swap...buy this....comes with everthing you can think of

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54276

Cmac
04-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Just found out its an LX-i talked to the owner im buying it off of and he told me i have some pics
Here ya go
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/derbdawg347/DSCN2961.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/derbdawg347/DSCN2960.jpg

Thanks for the link ill have to look at it, Is there any better engine swaps seeings its not a carb. car?

-CMAC

Civic Accord Honda
04-09-2007, 02:50 PM
sweet looking car
:welcome:

Cmac
04-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks man I already have quite a few plans for the outside and I have a nice lil audio setup for the inside as for "customizing" the interior Don't know if that will happen for awhile till I learn more about this car and how the "honda" works ya know

But thanks for the complements this forum has a ton of info. Great jobs guy s

-CMAC

MessyHonda
04-09-2007, 10:42 PM
yeah nice clean car man.

labeledsk8r
04-09-2007, 11:45 PM
were at in maine are you located?? my accord got left up there at a junk yard i was in wilton maine and i have family in farmington, sure hope you dont have to put up with small citys like those, oh clean car and welcome to the site :)

Cmac
04-10-2007, 04:24 AM
wilton, well, Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 47 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 190.05 miles Acorrding to Mapquest we all know that's wrong I used to play football agasint Jay so i know where your at and my senior year i transfered schools and played mt.blue in football.

But Yeah, Did some research and im looking at easy 3G's to spend almost of the top and that doesn't even count me finishing up my body kit i have for it. lol

-CMAC

Pico
04-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Clean Looking Ride :D
:welcome: to the forum

Estimated Prophet
04-10-2007, 07:21 AM
wilton, well, Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 47 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 190.05 miles Acorrding to Mapquest we all know that's wrong I used to play football agasint Jay so i know where your at and my senior year i transfered schools and played mt.blue in football.
But Yeah, Did some research and im looking at easy 3G's to spend almost of the top and that doesn't even count me finishing up my body kit i have for it. lol
-CMAC

I hate to sound sexist but you really played football? What position? That is your myspace in your profile correct?

Cheeseburger
04-10-2007, 07:56 AM
hi

Cmac
04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I hate to sound sexist but you really played football? What position? That is your myspace in your profile correct?

Sexist for asking if i played football and what positon.lol
I was an All-State Defensive Back and Kick returner. When i was in school I was lifting alot had alot of stuff i never had to worry about as I do now as a father and husband. I was about 220 lbs in highschool and a monster on the field, drug abuse and beer is why im "not as fit" as I was in High school lol

-CMAC

Estimated Prophet
04-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Sexist for asking if i played football and what positon.lol
I was an All-State Defensive Back and Kick returner. When i was in school I was lifting alot had alot of stuff i never had to worry about as I do now as a father and husband. I was about 220 lbs in highschool and a monster on the field, drug abuse and beer is why im "not as fit" as I was in High school lol
-CMAC

Your myspace link gave me the impression you were a female. Either the picture of a girl or that fact is says female. ;D

Cmac
04-10-2007, 02:27 PM
www.myspace.com/derbdawg
sorry typo

-CMAC

Estimated Prophet
04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Heh yeah that changes everything - cute kid

coope
04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
nice car but don't rice it out go straight for engine upgrade first and supension

Civic Accord Honda
04-10-2007, 03:19 PM
yeah u might want to go in your 3geez profile and chenge the myspace url so ppl dont think your a girl lol

Cmac
04-10-2007, 04:40 PM
As far as rice, Im major anti rice anyway. Many may disagree but what ever, I updated my options, so hope that fixes everything

-CMAC

w261w261
04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Word of advice here. If you've got $3k in mind you know it's gonna be more, because I betcha you haven't started thinking about things like bushings, control arms, steering racks, halfshafts and so forth. You will never get your money back out of the car if you go down for, say, $4k. That's cool if you love it for what it is, but don't make the classic mistake of getting sucked in over your head if it's more a transportation device for your family.

If you +are+ going to go forward, have someone who really knows the car take a hard look at it, so you can make an informed decision. It looks good from the pics, but you can spend a lot of money on stuff that isn't related to the motor. This site can help you do huge amounts of things for yourself. I don't think there's an area of the car, except maybe an auto tranny, that a member hasn't written about how to fix. It's an incredible reference. Learn how to use the search function and it will pay off big time for you.

Cmac
04-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I know how to use teh search. Im not a ricer, but I do like a body kit and wheels i hate "fart cannons and wings" but I will have a body kit tint, wheels dropped and a much better suspension. the car won't be a massive track show, but I will put together one hell of an audio setup before im said and done, and the car will look great, but as far as this a20 to B20 seems like a lot more of a pain to do seeing's specs say its only about 20 hp. or so ive heard probably misunderstood somewhere but hey im used to that. LOL. But either way. Ill be lurking around posting when i feel need, not "whoreing it up" or "riceing it out "
some may disagree with the latte but to each his own.

-CMAC