PDA

View Full Version : alright

Crazybird
04-09-2007, 07:56 PM
so my car has 470kms on it and i was wondering what i could do that would improve performance that does cost alot and wont kill my engine.... like any check ups i can do that may increase performance?

oh and its carbed**

MessyHonda
04-09-2007, 11:08 PM
get some headers with a full exhaust...around 450 bucks

A18A
04-09-2007, 11:12 PM
so my car has 470kms on it and i was wondering what i could do that would improve performance that does cost alot and wont kill my engine.... like any check ups i can do that may increase performance?

oh and its carbed**

efi conversion, and a really big turbo

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Weber carb, header, exhaust, ADJ cam gear, upgrade coil/wires/plugs, weight reduction. Any of those things will increase performance and the price ranges are all different. You can do a msd coil and ngk wires plugs for like $80. Pacesetter header for like $180, exhaust for like $210. GE cam gear for $112 shipped. Or you can do weight reduction which is free.

rjudgey
04-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I think a re-build might help with that sort of mileage it's gonna blow up if you mod it and start ragging the arse outta it because you think it's quick by adding a few bits on.
Get real and think is it worth puring this money into this car with this mileage if the shell is sound and relatively rust free than yes get loads of stuff but only bolt it onto an engine thats low mileage e.g. below 100k miles or have it re-built and modded and add all the bits too it.
You can always find an engine then have it built up and all the mods done to it out the car then when the old one is really past it's sell by date yank it out and drop the new one in!!

shepherd79
04-10-2007, 02:34 PM
i have to agree. park the car, pull out the engine and do full rebuild from top to bottom. it will cost preatty penny but it will be worth it in a long run.
you don't have to go all out and get performance parts and what not. just use stock rebuild parts.
after that, get weber convertion, header, full exhaust and get delta 272 cam.
that should do for you unless you want huge power gains.

Toohardtohandle
04-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I guess that's the million dollar question "What are you looking for?" When you talk about performance...how much? Besides the obvious (rebuild the motor) but if you want to add something in the mean time. Cold Air Intake/Exhaust Header.

2drSE-i
04-10-2007, 06:19 PM
one word sir, Seafoam. Its cheap and with the kind of mileage your seeing i would be willing to bet youll see like 10HP

Crazybird
04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
lol cold air intake aint gonna work... its carbed and i drive it in the winter so i need all the heat i can get

and my body yes it has rust.. im debating on fixing it.. i really want to but i could get a really nice car thats standard and would prolly end up with more hp then i could get with this....

and im in canada so 450 bucks for exhaust is just a dream

rjudgey
04-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Ahh Canada yeah you guy's suffer worse than we do in U.K. with road salt at least global warming is reducing the amount of salt thrown at our roads although we still see about 2-3 months of that shit on the roads although minus the snow usually so isn't as bad doesn't melt into every nook and cranny of the car just bounces of the chassis instead!! With most modern cars being made of plastic underneath my beemer should last forever!!! Unfortunately Hondas hate salt and rust quicker than a white man having a dump the next morning after a hot curry!! (thought i'd share that nice thought with you all ;0)
Man why couldn't the japanese invent something usefull like steel that doesn't rust through for 50 years!! We could all be still driving retro cool Toyota's and Honda's now!! I hate most modern cars so bland and ugly looking!!

Crazybird
04-12-2007, 01:14 PM
well good news for me :) my buddy came over the other day and said that we can fix the rust :)

and for the price of the parts to fix it as in sheet metal and fiberglass :)

oh ya he even does his own painting aswell so i can get my car looking hectic in a week :)

now to build my shop so i can get these plans workin before my rust gets worse