PDA

View Full Version : Aint this some $#!+

jigga225
09-08-2002, 02:32 PM
aiight heres the deal now.
- I turn the key all the way back and take the key out....But the car is still Running.
- it cuts off by itself after a while (20sec-30sec...)
- when it cuts off... the seatbelt/alternator lights are still on the dash (without key in)
- signals still work & clock still on without the key in
- If i click the signals without the key in, they are very dim, and the tachometer jumps eratically, and there's some strange noise comin from the instrument cluster
:wtf:

- It's not the ignition switch cause I tested the contacts with my test light, the IGnition2 cuts off with the switch.

- Last week I DID hotwire my cooling fans to the fuse box that turns on when the IGnition 2 is hot.

Man I dont even know where to start.......... If anyone could help that would be cool.

kennycm
09-08-2002, 04:02 PM
damn, i never heard of any sh*& like that. Wish i could help u

night
09-08-2002, 05:05 PM
i would have to say the pod on the back of the ignition but u say u checked that.
possibly a messed up ground for some of it, but you got me.....

hondamanlxi
09-08-2002, 09:27 PM
thats a definate ground problem

jigga225
09-08-2002, 09:50 PM
by ground problem do you guys mean that something isnt grounded corrctly, or a ground wire cam eloose seomwhere???

if so, where could it be?

88turboaccord
09-09-2002, 09:32 AM
It is the igntion switch which is going bad. Not hard of a fix, just need to go to the junk yard and get the part.. I can have a picture of it up at the end of the night..