PDA

View Full Version : hertz

buttaz1
04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
will some one please do me the fave and explain to me what hertz mean
like to better ask my question
if i want loud bass im talking about heart pounding when you on ex loud
do i want lower hz or higher? which one i have to tune my box and the manual says i need 30-35 hertz i was ganna add or subtract 5hz any way but im a lil confused will some one plaese help me out with this thanks so much

mkymonkey
04-10-2007, 03:23 PM
lower notes are reproduced in lower hz. like pounding bass usually ends up at around 40-70hz depending on the song.

what equipment are you going to be running?

buttaz1
04-10-2007, 03:52 PM
well right now i got cerwin vega 10.4
imma ganna hook them up in a parrell i think to get them to 2 ohms
and now i gata find a 2 ohm stable amp to hook it up
but these subs the manual says i should tune the box to 30 -35 herts
but its ok to tune it the way i wanna or what should i do i wanna save time and money i cant have mistakes

jschatte
04-10-2007, 04:30 PM
the human ear can hear from 20Hz-20000Hz. so if your subs are pounding at 30hz thats pretty low

MessyHonda
04-10-2007, 04:33 PM
yeah you would have to fine tune it...on my car my deck has 3 choices...50hz, 80hz and 130hz....i have it on 80 because it gives you alot of the lowend i dont like it to be loud just to help out the other speakers.

Beanshonda55
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
for an amp i would get a jbl 1200, myh friend has one and its sweet.

Tomisimo
04-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Hertz means in German Hart.

2ndGenGuy
04-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Hertz is that company that rents cars.

MessyHonda
04-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Hertz is that company that rents cars.

rip you off too....3 day weekend.....wanted to get a lil mini van and they charged us 500 bucks. with that much you can buy a car.

buttaz1
04-10-2007, 07:06 PM
thread jack?
and i thought thats how it was spellt lol i never waint to skool
but i wat to know would it be bad if i tuned it to 70hz?
when the manual says to tune it to 33 hz (box tuned)
is there a way to see whats the highest hz i can tune it to before i break it
i have specs also

buttaz1
04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
http://subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=15&Dia=4&Xmax=0.8&Vd=0.09&NumW=2&Vb=2.34&Fb=70&Qts=0.51&Vas=0.52&Fs=36&CE=0
this is what i got from the calculater

lostforawhile
04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
you want to tune the box to operate at the frequency they recomend the speakers were designed to operate in a certain range. 70 hz sounds pretty high for those subs,you might want to use a mid bass for that. when they say tune the box,they don't mean the cross over,they mean the resonance frequency of the box itself. the subs are designed to operate in a certain cubic foot box,that is eithier sealed or ported, check your specs, and the box itself has to be tuned to a certain resonance. remember the subs themselves are only part of the bass equasion the box is as important as the subs.

lostforawhile
04-10-2007, 07:24 PM
hey I like that calculator, I used to pull my hair out figuring that stuff by hand, personally i'm running a 10 inch bazooka tube,it used to be powered,but I gutted it,now it runs off of a seprate sony amp and the active crossover network. i'm only running at about 25 percent gain on the amp, and i'm using only one channel on the amp,the other channel is set up so I could plug in another tube if i wanted too, but it takes up a lot of space to run dual tubes. it's NOT an exploded amp, it's one of the old good sony monster amps. wasn't trying to jack your thread, this setup seems to run well in the hatch especially.

buttaz1
04-10-2007, 08:01 PM
well
if any one looks at that link it has all my specs subs and box already in it
so what i am asking is will these drivers hit hard?
is 30hz loud? and when i say loud i mean pounding the bass not vocals
does any one know what i mean?

buttaz1
04-10-2007, 08:12 PM
oh yea taht cal. is thanks to geddy he rocks

lostforawhile
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
well
if any one looks at that link it has all my specs subs and box already in it
so what i am asking is will these drivers hit hard?
is 30hz loud? and when i say loud i mean pounding the bass not vocals
does any one know what i mean?you want to try to go as low as possible with subs, higher frequencies are designed for different drivers, with subs you can actually go below the threshhold of human hearing,because you want to feel the frequency not hear it. I think you might be confusing frequency with power. hertz has nothing to do with loud.

buttaz1
04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
oh
atlast the one that can understand my dummyness lol
ok so hmmmm i wanna get down not up?
so if it says fs is 36hz and 33hz can i go down to 20?would that be hard?
i wanna go as low as possiable with out distoration and if i build a box its ganna be slot ported so i cant keep changing it does tuning only lay in the box and port? or is there another key element?

lostforawhile
04-10-2007, 09:11 PM
oh
atlast the one that can understand my dummyness lol
ok so hmmmm i wanna get down not up?
so if it says fs is 36hz and 33hz can i go down to 20?would that be hard?
i wanna go as low as possiable with out distoration and if i build a box its ganna be slot ported so i cant keep changing it does tuning only lay in the box and port? or is there another key element? it's in the sub,the box and the port,also if you add an dampening material, the effect of dampening material is to make the box appear larger to the sub. it's complex. in other words when you add fiberglass batting to the box,the sub thinks the box is bigger then it actually is. up to a point. as far as frequency,I would go with the manufacturers recomendation. that sub may not be designed to play below a certain hertz. 20 hz is really low,that requires a large heavy sub,and quite a bit of power. the size of he sub also affects how low it can play. the bigger a sub,the lower the frequency it can reproduce. you'll see in some theaters they actually run 40 inch subs, that produces that inauiible rumble that shakes your seat.

buttaz1
04-10-2007, 09:28 PM
ok
i got cerwin vega 10.4s like i said ill hook them up to 2 ohm
the megnent is liek 20 or 40 pounds i think
ill have to call cerwin vega tommerow and ask them how low i can get them
im just using the subs for bass thats why im planning on getting a mono amp
i just want the beat and the bass to come out of the sub nothing else (i think im confused again)
but any way so what would you guys reccomend?
i got the 4 ohm subs that can be wired into two ohms i wonder if i can hook em up for 1 ohm? since i have dual voice coils and i got two subs?
do i have to find out if i can hook them up into 1 ohm like if there one ohm stable?

buttaz1
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
dude it sats tha sub has a frequency response between
20 and 500 hz
what do you thiink?