PDA

View Full Version : I need some help guys

Cmac
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Hey guys as some of you know i have an 89 lx-i
My brother on the other hand has a 90 with the 2.2
the other day he was driving home from school and it just died, well I was down there the next day figureing i could diagnosis the problem, lol no such luck.
Im lost, I know the next step would be check for fuel spark and maybe timeing but can someone give me a "dumb" checklist to check like what to check, I mean the battery is fine just had it checked reinstalled it and im getting a "sluggish" dead battery sound when you try to start it.
The Timing belt is still in one piece Im hearing the fuel pump kicking on but there must be a master relay to open the injectors somewhere, havn't checked that don't have a chilton or haynes manual or anything like that so its just basically all raw knowledge or trouble shooting that i have had over the years in a garage. ALL and ANY help would make me very greatful kid is dumb to cars, so yea He's a pain in the ass to me, and my mother, but i hate seeing my mom cry, mainly cuz he treats her like shit.

So please quick help, im heading down on saturday in the morning and should be back later sunday, hoping to get the problem diagnosed if not fixed depending on his/her money situation

Thanks guys

-CMAC