PDA

View Full Version : small issues with my new 89 lxi

86-accord-lxi
04-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Well, It's been awhile since I have been on here. I recently got a new 89 accord lxi ! It's a great car, mint ! Anyway It has some small issues I need to fix. The first problem is that the passenger side windshield wiper works when it wants to, but most the time will only go up about half way. Whats up with that ? The second problem is that the temp guage only works when it wants to, but usually stays at cold. every now and then it will shoot all the way to hot, What's up with that ? What I just mentioned are the only problems the car has. I never had these problems with my 86 lxi, The problems with it were
more serious, That being the whole reason I sold it to my ex girlfriend.
I'll get some pics of then new 89 lxi posted soon. I am happy to be back in the 3geez community !

LX-incredible
04-12-2007, 08:17 AM
The nut on the wiper arm is loose, put it in the correct position and tighten it. As for the temp gauge, check its sending unit connection at the thermostat housing. There are 3 sensors on the housing, the one with the single wire is it. You could also have a bad connection at the back of the cluster. Unplug clean and DRY these connections.

Blkblurr
04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Sounds like you may also have a thermostat stuck open cuz you never measure any temp in between cold or hot. The bad connection would cause the temp to go to full or max hot. Once you get that fixed I suspect you will not get much above cold. That would be a stuck open thermostat.

russiankid
04-12-2007, 08:31 AM
You also could have air in the cooling system. Try bleeding it.

86-accord-lxi
04-25-2007, 04:43 AM
Well, I fixed the windshield wipers. It was just loose nuts on the arms.
I still haven't fixed the temp guage. The cooling system is operating just fine.
The only problem is thie damn guage.