PDA

View Full Version : Motor mounts on a manual 89 lxi

$1accord
04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Is there a write up on how to change the motor mounts on a 5 speed 89 accord lxi?
My car shakes when every time that I am a stop and I was wondering about the motor mounts.
Thanks for any info.

BITESIZE
04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
It's easy. Just loosen all the bolts and jack the engine up.

$1accord
04-12-2007, 10:12 AM
ok , that sounds easy. the jacking with a block of wood from the oil pan?

ZackieDarko
04-12-2007, 10:13 AM
a hoist is best to do this and if you need to jack it up just under the fly wheel is a good spot

oldschool3g
04-12-2007, 10:25 AM
My car use to shake like crazy...so i had all motor mounts replaced..but didnt make much of a difference...turns out i just had to clean my injectors...but atleast i have new mounts in:)

ghettogeddy
04-12-2007, 11:13 AM
theres a digital shop manual some were on here search for it it should show u how to do the job right

$1accord
04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
My car use to shake like crazy...so i had all motor mounts replaced..but didnt make much of a difference...turns out i just had to clean my injectors...but atleast i have new mounts in:)
Was the shaking when stopped or was it when moving too? I may try to clean the injectors first.

$1accord
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
theres a digital shop manual some were on here search for it it should show u how to do the job right
Thanks got it!

$1accord
04-12-2007, 06:02 PM
a hoist is best to do this and if you need to jack it up just under the fly wheel is a good spot
I do not have a hoist. Do you think that I could do one by one? Maybe losing up the rest and change one? Is there one of the mounts that tend to fail more?

oldschool3g
04-12-2007, 06:19 PM
the shaking was only when i was stopped...will driving it ran smooth.

MessyHonda
04-12-2007, 08:44 PM
I do not have a hoist. Do you think that I could do one by one? Maybe losing up the rest and change one? Is there one of the mounts that tend to fail more?

well if you have a nice thick piece of wood....so you dont bent the oil pan it should be good to go....replace them with OEM honda mounts....they should be able to last another 10 years

2oodoor
04-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Pay close attention to the manual, regarding the positioning of the mounts. You may want to loosen up all the mounts first so you are not binding them, or breaking one trying to move another one in.
Also check all your exhaust hangars, make sure your pipes are not touching body anywhere. In other words no metal on metal.

Blkblurr
04-13-2007, 10:28 AM
It's unlikely the mounts are causing the problem because your clutch is disengaged. You most likely have bad mounts if they have never been changed but I suspect it's something else such as a bad spark plug, wire or injector. I would also check the compression on each cylinder. Could have a bad ring that would show up more at low rpms or it could be a leaking head gasket.

2oodoor
04-13-2007, 11:00 AM
It's unlikely the mounts are causing the problem because your clutch is disengaged. You most likely have bad mounts if they have never been changed but I suspect it's something else such as a bad spark plug, wire or injector. I would also check the compression on each cylinder. Could have a bad ring that would show up more at low rpms or it could be a leaking head gasket.
yeah and while youre there check the ign timing too.

$1accord
04-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I have just recently change the spark plug, but I need to change the wires too, the honda dealer wants $60 for the original and I have seen some in o'reilly for like $20 (borg-wagner), why such a big difference? Does it really show on aa daily driver?