PDA

View Full Version : 11 front brakes thread...

Secondaries
04-12-2007, 07:10 PM
...mentions using newer Legend calipers, but the bleeder valve is on the bottom when mounted... Blah blah.

Are we talking about the two-piston Legend/NSX calipers? Do the calipers at least bolt up and align with the disk? And why not just mount them on the opposite sides so the bleeder is on the top?

Legend_master
04-12-2007, 07:26 PM
...mentions using newer Legend calipers, but the bleeder valve is on the bottom when mounted... Blah blah.
Are we talking about the two-piston Legend/NSX calipers? Do the calipers at least bolt up and align with the disk? And why not just mount them on the opposite sides so the bleeder is on the top?

By the opposite side, do you mean the passenger side on the driver side and vise versa? If so, yes they will bolt up without mods using the redrilled legend rotor. They are the exact same size as the Type R calipers, but they are dual piston and slipped around :thumbup: .

mkymonkey
04-12-2007, 07:37 PM
i thought the mod requred a type r caliper? why are we talking about legend calipers?

Legend_master
04-12-2007, 07:52 PM
i thought the mod requred a type r caliper? why are we talking about legend calipers?

because the 88-89 front legend calipers will work with the 11" upgrade aswell. The 91-95 Legend calipers will also work, and some of those years(I know the 95GS for sure) have dual pistons calipers. The older (not sure about the newer ones) NSX dual piston calipers will also bolt on.

Secondaries
04-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Well, it also says it requires a LX-i front brake swap. I'm thinking of throwing these on an '87 Prelude Si. Are the LX-i brakes mostly the same or am I going to run into problems when trying to bolt up the Type-R caliper brackets?

2drSE-i
04-14-2007, 10:59 PM
because the 88-89 front legend calipers will work with the 11" upgrade aswell. The 91-95 Legend calipers will also work, and some of those years(I know the 95GS for sure) have dual pistons calipers. The older (not sure about the newer ones) NSX dual piston calipers will also bolt on.

so what you are saying is, rather than using ITR single piston calipers, you can use 95GS Legend dual piston calipers, that are the same size, with no issues??

Legend_master
04-14-2007, 11:17 PM
so what you are saying is, rather than using ITR single piston calipers, you can use 95GS Legend dual piston calipers, that are the same size, with no issues??

Except that the bleeder screw is on the wrong side of the caliper, so you will have to flip passenger side to driver side. I dont know if that effects braking, but I bet it does. Or there is some special way to bleed them upside down, but I dont know how to do that and it seems annoying.

Well, it also says it requires a LX-i front brake swap. I'm thinking of throwing these on an '87 Prelude Si. Are the LX-i brakes mostly the same or am I going to run into problems when trying to bolt up the Type-R caliper brackets?

I have no clue on that, I would ask the preludepower guys. A couple people on here will know also.

2drSE-i
04-14-2007, 11:25 PM
i dont see how it would effect braking...there is no difference in braking power between the right and left sides. i think the bracket would be backwards though...

mkymonkey
04-15-2007, 03:08 AM
but what about the piston hitting the wrong side of the rotor?

2drSE-i
04-15-2007, 07:25 AM
oh..well fine u fags just dont want me to have dual piston calipers...

Legend_master
04-15-2007, 07:42 AM
oh..well fine u fags just dont want me to have dual piston calipers...

You can, but you are experimenting at your own risk :dunno: . Im know that people have doen it n civic/tegs, but I never heard feedack from them. Alot of people do the upside down bleeding.

MessyHonda
04-15-2007, 07:44 AM
You can, but you are experimenting at your own risk :dunno: . Im know that people have doen it n civic/tegs, but I never heard feedack from them. Alot of people do the upside down bleeding.

maybe cuz they fell off clifs after their brakes fail.....:lol:

Secondaries
04-15-2007, 08:12 AM
but what about the piston hitting the wrong side of the rotor?

The pistons would still be pressing on the inside of the rotor. You FLIP them and install them on the opposite side. That's how you get the bleeder screw on top.

guaynabo89
04-15-2007, 08:25 AM
The 93-95 legend Gs calipers use a smaler leading pistonn and a larger trailing piston (or vice versa dont remember off the top pf my head) The reasoning for this is to get equal amount of pressure on the disc as it passes through the caliper. this being said mounting then upside down at very worst will cause uneven pad wear and or decreased brake performance. In my personal opinion it probably wont afect much but if it came stock like that it might be a good idea to try and keep it the same.

As far as upgrading to an 88-89 knuckle.....

Im pretty sure that there is a diffenrence between spacing in the 86-87 to 88-89 accords as far as the caliper goes. I dont really remember exactly since when I first found out the 86-87 lxi calipers wont bolt up to the newer model hub was back in 94-95.

There was a thread where somoe tried to use or mount different model calipers on a different hub and chopped em up. dont remember search the forum.

I think youd hve to upgrade the lude to 88-89 accord spindles for the spacing to be correct in order to use the 11" rotor and legend gs dual piston calipers.

Does that answer your question? Youd be doing that at your own risk though.