PDA

View Full Version : Windshield cleaner hose/tube

ahmad89
04-13-2007, 06:45 AM
My tube or tubes for the windshield nozzle sprayers have hardened and pieces are missing. Is it hard to remove the old tube and put a new one in? Everything works but i dont fluid in it cause theres a huge piece of the tubing missing and i dont wanna spray it in the engine bay. I have an 89 accord DX. I just wanna know if its hard or east to replace.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Its really easy. It runs from the hood to the bottom of the fluid tank where the pump is at. Just disconnect it from the pump and pull all the old crap out. Then go to the store with a peice of the hose and tell them you need 15' of hose that size. Then just run it from the hood to the pump and cut off the access. DONE!!!

russiankid
04-13-2007, 06:50 AM
Its really easy. It runs from the hood to the bottom of the fluid tank where the pump is at. Just disconnect it from the pump and pull all the old crap out. Then go to the store with a peice of the hose and tell them you need 15' of hose that size. Then just run it from the hood to the pump and cut off the access. DONE!!!
I thought it runs through the fender. I read that you need to remove the fender. I guess you can run it somewhere under the hood.

ahmad89
04-13-2007, 06:53 AM
I wanna do an easy custom setup just run it from under the tube where the fluid goes then run it up above the fender on the driver side and into the nozzles. How do i get to the bottom of the tube or where do i connect the tubing to? Also what about the part that splits and goes to both of the nozzles?

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-13-2007, 06:53 AM
I didnt remove my fender. I guess you could.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-13-2007, 06:54 AM
I wanna do an easy custom setup just run it from under the tube where the fluid goes then run it up above the fender on the driver side and into the nozzles. How do i get to the bottom of the tube or where do i connect the tubing to?
Its just a small pump with a nipple on it, you just pull on the hose and it comes off and just push on the new one and it will slide on.

ahmad89
04-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Its just a small pump with a nipple on it, you just pull on the hose and it comes off and just push on the new one and it will slide on.
Yea but where is it? is it under the pipe or tube where the windshield fluid goes or what?

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Yea but where is it? is it under the pipe or tube where the windshield fluid goes or what?
That tube you pour the fluid into is the neck of a tank. At the bottom of the tank is the little pump. If you turn your wheel and look under the driverside towards the front you will see it.

ahmad89
04-13-2007, 06:59 AM
That tube you pour the fluid into is the neck of a tank. At the bottom of the tank is the little pump. If you turn your wheel and look under the driverside towards the front you will see it.
Ok thx man i will look into doing it sometime soon, today or tomorrow im changing my brakes so maybe next weekend. I will look for the pump before then.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Ok thx man i will look into doing it sometime soon, today or tomorrow im changing my brakes so maybe next weekend. I will look for the pump before then.
Do it while you have the tire off it will be easire to see everything.

87LXiR
04-13-2007, 07:19 AM
What about for us hatch guys. I have one of those sprayers on the rear of my roof for the rear hatch but when i hit the switch to spray the rear nothing happens. Anyone know where the lines are run for that one or if it uses a different pump?