PDA

View Full Version : 3gee that doesnt like the dark

buttaz1
04-14-2007, 06:58 AM
whats sup guys?
i have a 88 lx automatic accord and when ever i drive it at night time the battery dies compleatly i dont know why
i replace the alt already and it didnt work. what should i do ? the battery still died i had to drive home with no lights and then when i turn the car off i cant turn it back on with out a boost.
i also replaced the battery im starting to get agravaited
with this car thanks for the help

russiankid
04-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Sounds like your alternator is not charging the battery, which causes everything to run off the battery and drain it. Get your alternator tested.

buttaz1
04-14-2007, 09:28 AM
hmm well i got it from the junk yard
so its probly shit anyway but if the new alt from advance does the same thing do you think that its a wire or something?

russiankid
04-14-2007, 09:36 AM
hmm well i got it from the junk yard
so its probly shit anyway but if the new alt from advance does the same thing do you think that its a wire or something? I don't think the one form AAP will do the same thing.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-14-2007, 09:51 AM
I have an alt for a carb that has less then 1000 miles on it, it looks brand new. Make me a reasonable offer and ill sell it to you.

tuxdreamerx
04-14-2007, 03:40 PM
well I just had a problem with my almost new alternator I sort of put the b terminal wire on the negitive terminal instead of the fuse box under the hood.....oops but I corrected the problem and it charges just fine now

..Finally im an lx user lol

buttaz1
04-14-2007, 03:46 PM
dude can you re write that i didnt understand?
im not good with lingo lol
and congrats on being a lx user i just relized that its not the car you have its the post count lol

tuxdreamerx
04-14-2007, 03:53 PM
lol. ok you know the wire with the loop like connecter (not the plug) that you have to bolt down? well the other end goes into that little fuse box under the hood. I had connected it to my negitive battery connector... and it wouldnt charge.

Basically if your positive your altenator is good then it is wiring. I took my altenator and had it tested it was 100% goot but not charging and guess what it was my wiring...

im about sick of my 3geez though...I shouldnt have removed my damn choke

buttaz1
04-14-2007, 05:11 PM
lol
i went to autozone and told the dude my case he said that it got fried possiably what i need to do is hook up the alt with a fresh battery and that is should work
instead of a empty battery
i think thats what my mechanic did was that he hooked up a alt from the jy and then a empty battery thats why it died so quick

russiankid
04-14-2007, 06:49 PM
lol
i went to autozone and told the dude my case he said that it got fried possiably what i need to do is hook up the alt with a fresh battery and that is should work
instead of a empty battery
i think thats what my mechanic did was that he hooked up a alt from the jy and then a empty battery thats why it died so quick
I would still get my alt tested.

|3last
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
if you start the car and pull the positive batt cable form the battery, and the car still runs then you know the alt is still pushing voltage and charging. if the car instantly dies...then you know its a bad alt. most plascs will test all that stuff for free.

azazel_18_2
04-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Wal-Mart carries a little tester you can plug into your cig lighter that will tell you if your battery is bad and if your alternator is charging. The best tool you can get for two cents. To hell with going some place and having them test your stuff. Alot of times they act like it is such a hassle.