PDA

View Full Version : alt belt

gp02a0083
04-14-2007, 02:08 PM
hey guys well my alt bely is squeeking and starting to rip apart, i got the new belt only problem is im at school and id have to do it in my apartments parking lot. i see that the altinator belt is the innermost belt , now what is the best way to remove the other 2 belts and to get the new altinator belt back on? i gotta see if i can get my arm down on the bottom wothout a jack to put the belts back on

Pico
04-14-2007, 02:32 PM
no way around it:( you're going to have to remove the a/c and p/s belts in order to do it

russiankid
04-14-2007, 02:37 PM
no way around it:( you're going to have to remove the a/c and p/s belts in order to do it
Yea, and the PS belt is tension by hand. There aren't any tension bolts on it. It is an easy task to do tho. Tensioning the alt belt is a bit tough but once you get it , everything is good to go.

gp02a0083
04-14-2007, 02:57 PM
what about the A/c belt i looked at it and the PS and alt belt dont seem bad, its jsut the AC belt looks rough to get to

russiankid
04-14-2007, 03:02 PM
what about the A/c belt i looked at it and the PS and alt belt dont seem bad, its jsut the AC belt looks rough to get to
You will need to remove the splash guard, and then there is a bolt that is a 10mm i believe that does the tension. There are 2 bolts i think that you use to loosen the compressor from its mount so it can move a bit. Not very hard if you don't rush through it.

Pico
04-14-2007, 03:09 PM
for the alternator bolts you'll need a 14mm for the bottom mounting nut and a 12mm for the top nut and adjuster bolt not.
I say since you're gonna remove the belts you might as well change them all

gp02a0083
04-14-2007, 04:10 PM
all teh belts are ok , its jsut the alt belt is splitting , the other ones i replaced not to long ago, that and i bought the valve cover gromets, its weird that or cars have three but they only sell them in sets of 2 at liek auto zone and advanced auto

tuxdreamerx
04-14-2007, 04:12 PM
all teh belts are ok , its jsut the alt belt is splitting , the other ones i replaced not to long ago, that and i bought the valve cover gromets, its weird that or cars have three but they only sell them in sets of 2 at liek auto zone and advanced auto

Just curious you replaced the others??? then whats the big deal?

russiankid
04-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Just curious you replaced the others??? then whats the big deal?
He was asking if there is a way to by pass them to remove the alt belt.

tuxdreamerx
04-14-2007, 04:27 PM
He was asking if there is a way to by pass them to remove the alt belt.
oh... I see.

gp02a0083
04-14-2007, 05:40 PM
well yah doing the alt belt and the PS pump belt is no big deal i jsut cant see the adjuster for the Ac compressor and id be alot easier if the alt. belt wasnt the innermost one. the otehr two belts came off my otehr car that were not more than a month old , but the altinator belt was ok then , i heard a squeeking noize and its coming from either the belt or the alt. cheepest way to find out is replacing the belt which is seperating anyway, so the easiest way to get to the A/c compressor adjuster is taking the splash guard off? i take it that the adjustment bolts are on the underside?

russiankid
04-14-2007, 06:20 PM
well yah doing the alt belt and the PS pump belt is no big deal i jsut cant see the adjuster for the Ac compressor and id be alot easier if the alt. belt wasnt the innermost one. the otehr two belts came off my otehr car that were not more than a month old , but the altinator belt was ok then , i heard a squeeking noize and its coming from either the belt or the alt. cheepest way to find out is replacing the belt which is seperating anyway, so the easiest way to get to the A/c compressor adjuster is taking the splash guard off? i take it that the adjustment bolts are on the underside?
Yes, the adjustment bolt faces the cross member that is in front of the a/c compressor.

Estimated Prophet
04-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Yes, the adjustment bolt faces the cross member that is in front of the a/c compressor.

What he said. I should be fined for associating them with the word performance.

gp02a0083
04-14-2007, 07:37 PM
What he said. I should be fined for associating them with the word performance.

:huh:

Estimated Prophet
04-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Um yeah go ahead and ignore that.

tuxdreamerx
04-15-2007, 07:14 AM
....ok then