PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Dont Work Help!!

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I changed my pads and when i put the calipers back on and refilled the fluid, then i pumped my brakes and when i tried to see if they would work, it didnt do anything. The pedal felt like it had no pressure then we pumped it a lot and it got some pressure but still didnt feel right. I cant bleed the brakes cause the screw with the nipple on it wouldnt turn. I need help on how to get my brakes back with pressure. When i press the brakes and look at the calipers and pistons, nothing happens i hear the fluid moving but the piston doesnt move. PLEASE HELP ASAP.

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 05:05 PM
please someone help the sun is going down!!

russiankid
04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Apparently he loosened the hose that goes to the caliper, making some fluid leak out. So my guess is that he has air in the system, but he told me that he cannot get the bleeder screw to open.

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 05:51 PM
yea like russian said the screw wont budge and i stripped it a lil.

Pico
04-14-2007, 06:09 PM
you can try bleeding it from the master cylinder lines

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 06:12 PM
you can try bleeding it from the master cylinder lines
how do i do that? Also how can i just drain all the fluid and refill it without the bleed screws? Please list procedures so i dont do it wrong, i need this car working by monday. I need to get the piston to work again cause thats my problem its not pushing the brake pads to stop the car.

Pico
04-14-2007, 06:19 PM
pump the brake pedal a few times, hold it down and have someone loosen the fitting at the master cyl. tighten the line and repeat until pedal pressure firms up.
remember if you let up on the pedal with the line loose you will let more air into the lines, and be careful not to strip the fitting on the line.
****If you have never done this before try to have someone with you whos has, I'm not responsible if you make it worse****

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 06:24 PM
pump the brake pedal a few times, hold it down and have someone loosen the fitting at the master cyl. tighten the line and repeat until pedal pressure firms up.
remember if you let up on the pedal with the line loose you will let more air into the lines, and be careful not to strip the fitting on the line.
****If you have never done this before try to have someone with you whos has, I'm not responsible if you make it worse****
What line the line from the master cylinder? Do i use like a wrench or something to pinch it closed?

Pico
04-14-2007, 06:25 PM
What line the line from the master cylinder? Do i use like a wrench or something to pinch it closed?
Hang on let me find a picture

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Hang on let me find a picture
k get on AIM so we can talk better, i added you already.

Oldblueaccord
04-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Did you break the lines loose at all ??

There should not be any reason to bleed the brakes if you just changed the pads. If you pushed the piston in to make the pads fit it will take some pumping to get the piston back out.Start the car and pump them up slowly and ADD fluid as needed.

wp

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 06:29 PM
There should not be any reason to bleed the brakes if you just changed the pads. If you pushed the piston in to make the pads fit it will take some pumping to get the piston back out.Start the car and pump them up slowly and ADD fluid as needed.
wp
i pumped it with the car on and off like 20 times.

Oldblueaccord
04-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Did you break the lines loose at all ??:deal: :deal: :deal:

air cant get in unless you took the lines or the bleeder screws out. Or you let the master cylinder get too low and then pumped it>

Any way you need to bleed them Do you have a helper to run the pedal ??

wp

russiankid
04-14-2007, 06:35 PM
wp
He loosened the brake line, which i assume put air in the system.

Oldblueaccord
04-14-2007, 06:36 PM
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_howto_bleedbrakes.shtml

middle of the blurb down is a good way to bleed them IMHO the best way as well.

There is a way to do it your self as well .

wp

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 06:53 PM
picopop helped me out im gonna try his method tomorrow and let yall know how it goes.

86AccordLxi
04-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Why did you break open the system? You don't need to just to replace pads.

Alex

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Why did you break open the system? You don't need to just to replace pads.

Alex
I didnt break open the system, i had to take out the bolt for the brake fluid hose that goes to the caliper so i can lift it up high enough to change the pads. Im going to drain all the fluid out to get rid of the air. Hopefully that will solve my problem.

gp02a0083
04-14-2007, 08:26 PM
possable that the piston in the caliper is frozen?

86AccordLxi
04-14-2007, 08:40 PM
You can't just drain the fluid, you have to bleed it. Draining just means opening the system, and that won't accomplish anything.

Alex

ahmad89
04-14-2007, 08:40 PM
How can it just freeze from a little fluid leaking out and pushing it back with a C-clamp like the manual said? Plus its not that cold here, temperature is like 60-50 degrees.

ahmad89
04-15-2007, 07:10 AM
I used a C-clamp to push it in and now it hasnt moved. Do i need to put air pressure through the nozzle with the bolt?

ahmad89
04-15-2007, 09:46 AM
ok well today i flush the fluid a lot and the brakes work now but you have to push the pedal to the floor for it to stop the car. My dad took it to a guy he knows and hes gonna fix it and change the rotors. Thank you all very much for all your help and advice, you guys are life savers.