PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump??

twofast4u
04-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey guys,

Got another problem...I replaced my motor cause it was leaking oil badly and it had so many problems, and as many of you know last year i did a carb to efi conversion. Now....I drove home yesterday fine, but once I went out at night i was driving, take of shift from 1st to 2nd the engine light came on but went off once i shifted into second. I kept on driving but then teh motor just shut off while going 60km/h. Now it wont start...I think its either the furl pump cause i dont hear it turning on when i put on the ignition but i ran wires manually to the pump and it turned on from the battery. So I think its the mitsuba relay RZ-0028 cause i already checked the fuses and such. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

MessyHonda
04-15-2007, 08:16 AM
if the engine light came on...check the ECU code.

twofast4u
04-15-2007, 10:26 AM
well it came on for a split second. I tried another fuel pump that i know works and it didnt work, I even tried another relay and that didnt work. I'll check the ECU codes, but if anyone else knows any other relay that would cause this let me know!

Thanks

twofast4u
04-15-2007, 10:43 AM
okay well I just check the computer and the LED isnt lighting up at all. I got another computer lying around, so I'll switch it out, but do you know what would cause it to go? Thanks Messy!

russiankid
04-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Did you check your distributor, rotor,cap, plug wires, coil, spark plug wires? When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

twofast4u
04-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Yea, I checked the electrical system and the engine is getting spark and I ran power to the manually from teh battery to the fuel pump and it turned on. So I know the fuel pump is good. I'll try the ecu but im curious as to what caused it to stop working? And the fuel filter was replaced last summer.

twofast4u
04-15-2007, 05:58 PM
The honda is back, turns out I forgot one of the grounds was loose. Tightened it and it runs like a dream! Thanks for your help guys! Next is time for alignment and intake! I'll post pics when im done!