PDA

View Full Version : Too much power for my car: solutions?

alanizgod
04-15-2007, 11:26 AM
I had a buddy of mine throw his Kicker sub into my car and I went and bridged the connection to them. The sub was pretty damn loud, but I noticed my car losing power (low RPM, dimming lights, yatta yatta) and it makes me a little nervous to put a strong system in my ride. Are there any ways to help my ride keep up with power flowing to my system?

buttaz1
04-15-2007, 12:18 PM
bigger alt from other cars
farad caps hooked in series or parrell i think its one of those ummmm blast it in the day time not the nite time lol

AccordB20A
04-18-2007, 11:47 PM
nonononononon the stock alt should be enough. its the small wires and bad earth connections from the engine to the body and from the battery that is letting you down.... the worcer the connection and smaller the wire the more amps it will try and draw and yeah theres ur problem. add some big fat earth wires that go from ur engine to the car body especially around the alternator..even run a new wire from the alt to the battery and replace your battery wires and terminals. that shud sort it out..and yeah running a capacitor is a must too

2ndGenGuy
04-19-2007, 12:34 AM
nonononononon the stock alt should be enough. its the small wires and bad earth connections from the engine to the body and from the battery that is letting you down.... the worcer the connection and smaller the wire the more amps it will try and draw and yeah theres ur problem. add some big fat earth wires that go from ur engine to the car body especially around the alternator..even run a new wire from the alt to the battery and replace your battery wires and terminals. that shud sort it out..and yeah running a capacitor is a must too

This is true. The biggest problem is bad grounds. Get good grounds all around your car, use a realy fat, short ground wire for your amp straight to the body, and bigger power wires. And don't rig it up all ghetto like. Maybe get a cap if that isn't enough and you've just got a crazy system. I have a nice juicy sub, power inverter and amped speakers in my car and the lights don't dim that much when everything hits. You should be able to run one amp.