PDA

View Full Version : please help me build a box

buttaz1
04-16-2007, 10:30 PM
eh waht sup?
i need sum help building my box im confused
i want the box to fit snuggly in my accord in 16 inch high but i dont know what to or how to build
here are the specs
well really my attempt to make a box
http://subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=30&Eh=15&Dia=4&Xmax=0.8&Vd=0.09&NumW=2&Vb=2.34&Fb=30&Qts=0.51&Vas=0.52&Fs=36&CE=0

i want my ports on both sides the manual says to use some type of deading aterial like fiber glass or something dynomat?
the manual is asking for 16-20 inch port but its a 3-4in oval diamter but i kinda like the slot look
some one please help me i wanna build my box
oh yea its 3/4 mdf
thanks

buttaz1
04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
are you serious as many smart fuckers on this friggin thread i cant even get a reply?
not even the famous blank..... owns you maing comment from cah?
bump damit bump

hondaman1986
04-18-2007, 10:38 PM
well im not a smart fucker but just make it simple and build a box and put a 1"-1-1/2" port and the hole for the speaker.

use polyboard or plywood and staples or screws and make sure u use wood glue on the joints.

this probly isnt much help but here u go anyway

2ndGenGuy
04-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Well I think the question is, what do you need help with?

I will make a few recommendations though.

1. Use Gorrila Glue on all your joints before you screw them together. Use lots. You can sand off excess later. This stuff is super-strong and expands, making a great seal at all the edges.

2. Pre-drill all your pilot holes before you screw the joints together. If you don't, you will regret it.

3. To make the edges seal even better, run some silicon, or caulk around the inside on all the seams. This will help double-protect against any air leakage.

4. Draw out and make plans for what wood you will need before hand. If you don't, you run the risk of wasting wood due to a miscut and having to go buy more wood. Best thing to do is just sketch it out on a piece of paper to scale as best you can. Don't forget to count the edges of the wood as external measurements.

5. Also, for wood, I hear that MDF is the best. It's what I used, I hear it's the densest wood you can buy, but solid oak seems to me would be denser, since it's not half compressed glue. But yeah MDF is the best value for the density. Don't use that chunky recycled fiber board stuff. The thicker the wood, the better.

Hope that's somewhat helpful...

Rockcord
04-18-2007, 11:34 PM
do you want a ported box? or is that just what they reccomended? ported will give you extreme amounts of bass, but if you want like a precise kick... I would go enclosed my man

2ndGenGuy
04-18-2007, 11:48 PM
do you want a ported box? or is that just what they reccomended? ported will give you extreme amounts of bass, but if you want like a precise kick... I would go enclosed my man

QFT! Sealed box 4tw!

AccordB20A
04-18-2007, 11:57 PM
my mate built a big marfucking box twin 12inch subs in 2 enclosures both slot ported. but it didnt work cause the box was masssivvee cdnt even fit in my back seat. he ended up giving ir to me and i chopped it in half and im running my 12" in it. it still bearly fits in my boot but a free box man. my other mate made a perfect box using some program. its designed for the sub and what his car is and the frequencys he wants and it sounds mean. a box makes how good a sub sounds but yeah it pays to do reasearch before you build cause if your box is 2 big or 2 small for the sub thats in it you wont get the bass you want. this box i have is the type of box an 18" sub should be in lol but my 12 goes ok but certain frequencys i cant hear... im not an audio expert but thats my 2 cents

buttaz1
04-19-2007, 07:19 AM
thanks guys you guy are smart fuckers cuz you answered questions i hadnt thought about lol

but if you click on that link you can see what the box would look like. but the problem is that i gatta use oval ports and they gatta be 16inch long and then 3 inch wide and i want a sloted box i want both sides to be sloted (left and right)
and i dont know how to do that.
also the tech said that i should tune it to 32hz
and the demensions that i have for the box is 30 wide 15 high would that fit? or would i have to build it inside the trunk?
also the sub responds to frequences between 20hz-500hz
so as i understand the lower the freq the harder the bass
so if the tech said 32 hz can i go lower? 28 hz?
i hope i make sense cuz i just woke up

hondaman1986
04-19-2007, 11:30 AM
thanks guys you guy are smart fuckers cuz you answered questions i hadnt thought about lol

but if you click on that link you can see what the box would look like. but the problem is that i gatta use oval ports and they gatta be 16inch long and then 3 inch wide and i want a sloted box i want both sides to be sloted (left and right)
and i dont know how to do that.
also the tech said that i should tune it to 32hz
and the demensions that i have for the box is 30 wide 15 high would that fit? or would i have to build it inside the trunk?
also the sub responds to frequences between 20hz-500hz
so as i understand the lower the freq the harder the bass
so if the tech said 32 hz can i go lower? 28 hz?
i hope i make sense cuz i just woke up

well you lost me on that one

buttaz1
04-19-2007, 12:05 PM
should i retype then? or what

2ndGenGuy
04-20-2007, 04:28 PM
So they specified a 3 inch wide oval? WTF does that mean? An oval has different measurements all the way around. It can be any number of shapes. Could be 3 inches wide on on axis and 3 miles wide on the other, it's still an oval. Sounds like a bunk calculator to me.

The plans on that link you provided are for a slotted port. Look at the shape, that's a rectangular port as tall as the box. You just cut 2 sheets for top and bottom, and build the side walls with this configuration from the top down.

ghettogeddy
04-20-2007, 04:44 PM
i personally like slot port just buy one off ebay for 60 it will last trust me

AccordB20A
04-20-2007, 09:01 PM
slot port ftmfw