PDA

View Full Version : backup board not workling

lostforawhile
04-21-2007, 12:51 PM
hey the site just went back up,i went to the backup board during the 3geezoutage and the backup board says the domain has expired. do we no longer have a backup board? what we need is a site just to post messages on in case the board will be down for a while. like a free website just to let members know what is going on. that way no one panics and has to be rushed to a rehab center in an sei modded into an ambulance. LOL. :)

ghettogeddy
04-21-2007, 12:53 PM
i agree i almost had a heart attack so did like 3 other members that im'ed me

lostforawhile
04-21-2007, 01:01 PM
i mean something simple like a link that would be saved on members desktops that would contain info posted on it.
this is the three geez emergency broadcast system,this is not a test,someone named elmer has dug through a main communications cable,the server for three geez.com and about 40 million other computers will be down for an estimated week. DO NOT PANIC!! the site will be back up,if you are having trouble breathing,open a paper bag and take several breaths in it. stay in your emergency shelters and stare at pictures of sei's to avoid going into withdrawl. keep tuned to this website to watch for updates

ghettogeddy
04-21-2007, 01:03 PM
lol

87accordlxi
04-21-2007, 02:27 PM
I didn't renew the domain, so we don't have a backup board right now.

race12001
04-21-2007, 02:31 PM
i mean something simple like a link that would be saved on members desktops that would contain info posted on it.
this is the three geez emergency broadcast system,this is not a test,someone named elmer has dug through a main communications cable,the server for three geez.com and about 40 million other computers will be down for an estimated week. DO NOT PANIC!! the site will be back up,if you are having trouble breathing,open a paper bag and take several breaths in it. stay in your emergency shelters and stare at pictures of sei's to avoid going into withdrawl. keep tuned to this website to watch for updates

lol i like that elmer

2ndGenGuy
04-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Well if the site goes down, how do you expect a page with a message like this to load? I think it's easier to just deal with the site being down for a few minutes.

forrest89sei
04-21-2007, 03:38 PM
I didn't renew the domain, so we don't have a backup board right now.

how much is it to renew?

I'm sure some of us would pledge a couple bucks to know theres a backup, in case of a major problem

87accordlxi
04-21-2007, 03:50 PM
how much is it to renew?

I'm sure some of us would pledge a couple bucks to know theres a backup, in case of a major problem
It's not a money issue. I just couldn't justify having a website anymore. Plus we only used the backup a few times in like, 4 years.

ghettogeddy
04-21-2007, 03:58 PM
so is there a person that backs the whole site up like on hard disk

87accordlxi
04-21-2007, 04:05 PM
so is there a person that backs the whole site up like on hard disk
We do backups, but the backup board wasn't a "backup" in a sense that all of the info here is also there.

lostforawhile
04-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Well if the site goes down, how do you expect a page with a message like this to load? I think it's easier to just deal with the site being down for a few minutes.what i mean was if we have a simple one page site like on tripod or something, that way if the site goes down for any length of time,marc or whoever can post whats going on on that site. save the url to that site ahead of time in your favorites or something. if the site is down for a while,going to that url will tell you whats going on. then there aren't rumors or panic or anything.

Estimated Prophet
04-21-2007, 05:56 PM
^^^ Someone could easily make an unofficial one.

lostforawhile
04-21-2007, 06:06 PM
^^^ Someone could easily make an unofficial one.
yea but the problem with that is that if it's an unofficial one,and the board is down,how do we know whats going on? and how long the board will be down? it would have to be an official one. it doesn't have to be a message board,just a simple board that lets everyone know whats going on.

A18A
04-21-2007, 07:56 PM
:werd: wouldnt want some random person to make a backup board when this one is down and magicly expect everyone to show up there

lostforawhile
04-21-2007, 08:04 PM
:werd: wouldnt want some random person to make a backup board when this one is down and magicly expect everyone to show up there
thats not what i mean,if we create a simple page, if the board goes down,everyone already has the url saved, then they can look at that page and see what the status is on the site. lets say there was a server problem,and the board god forbid,might be down a couple of days. marc could post what was going on on that page,and people could look at it and see what the situation is. instead of panic at what is going on. the main issue here is no one knows whats going on when the board crashes. this would solve that problem.

Cheeseburger
04-21-2007, 08:14 PM
i say we just go to our AIM chatroom when the forum is down :D

frantik
04-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Well you guys are welcome to use a talk page on the 3geez wiki :) I started one: http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Talk:3geez.com

Conversation using a wiki is a little different than using a message board but it works and it's already set up. you're welcome to use it, or not :)

lostforawhile
04-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Well you guys are welcome to use a talk page on the 3geez wiki :) I started one: http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Talk:3geez.com

Conversation using a wiki is a little different than using a message board but it works and it's already set up. you're welcome to use it, or not :)thats a great idea,we need to make that a sticky so people know to copy that url in case of a breakdown.

Civic Accord Honda
04-21-2007, 10:17 PM
WTF happend to make the bored go down warning next time plz

ghettogeddy
04-22-2007, 07:49 AM
WTF happend to make the bored go down warning next time plz
this is being talked about in foundation already leave it there

Civic Accord Honda
04-22-2007, 07:54 AM
this is being talked about in foundation already leave it there
where

A18A
04-22-2007, 07:56 AM
^x2

lostforawhile
04-22-2007, 07:58 AM
there is a section on the three geez wiki that is for news already if it goes down,it was just added,something else will probably show up,in the meantime save the url at the three geez wiki and if the board isn't working look there.

Civic Accord Honda
04-22-2007, 08:01 AM
dont have the link

lostforawhile
04-22-2007, 08:06 AM
here: it's not in the foundation forum eithier it's in news and site feedback http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59557

ghettogeddy
04-22-2007, 08:11 AM
here: it's not in the foundation forum eithier it's in news and site feedback http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59557
opps i was thinking of the other one that was started

2oodoor
06-16-2007, 07:36 PM
oops wrong thread

AccordB20A
06-18-2007, 04:04 AM
whiptee if the board dont go go to another, dont you have lives other than the 3geez forums! hahha

HostileJava
06-20-2007, 11:35 AM
I accidentally pissed on one of the sprockets, let's just leave it at that.

2oodoor
06-22-2007, 03:24 AM
I dont know exactly how all that works, but I do have a concern.
There were several threads I posted on yesterday and I went back to them and my posts were gone, with no note they were deleted...
I will keep an eye out today and see if it happens again.

88Accord-DX
06-27-2007, 09:22 PM