PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Mods: MrBen

87accordlxi
04-22-2007, 01:11 PM
By popular request, and a promise we made like 4 years ago, I'd like to present "Meet the Mods." This will be a running feature of the board where we post a bio of each 3geez staff member. I'd like to get a new one out every few weeks or so. Feel free to comment and ask questions. I think it's fair to say that we'd all like you to get to know us more.

First up is MrBen. Ben has been a member here for over 4 years, and has been a staff member for 3 years now. Ben is a hardworking guy, and he has all of your interests at heart when trying to improve the experience here at 3geez. Here's his write-up:

Name: Ben.
Born: Tucson, AZ on February 4th 1985. Moved to to Marysville, Wash. at age 6, then to Seattle, Wash. at age 19.
Family: Mom and dad (married) and sister (married). Very close knit family!

Hobbies: Cars, graphic design, culinary arts, lighting, computers, design, home theater.

My car: I've been been a member of 3geez for almost five years and came here shortly after purchasing a 1986 Accord DX when I was 17. I prided myself on how clean it was, though mechanically speaking it was a never-ending nightmare. My father first spotted it parked on the side of the road, for sale, next to an ’89 SE-i. He called me to let me know he’d found the perfect car with leather seats in great condition, but by the time I arrived, the SE-i had sold and the DX wound up being a second choice. Sucked! Though it was clean, it was in sad mechanical shape and earned the nickname GhettoAccord.

School and life: My family placed high importance on higher education. After graduating high school in 2003, I had already obtained the majority of an Associate’s Degree through Running Start, a program where the last two years of high school could be completed at a community college. Before long my hatred of my 3g turned into love (how touching) and we became inseparable. I also became known for having the cleanest car out of all of my friends. The car made it through my teenage stupidity and senselessness of burnouts, accidents, stupid teenage sexual experiences, 100+ mph escapades, and weekend trips to go see my significant other who lived 100 miles away. My 3g, by this time named ‘Bitch,’ was updated with a Sony receiver, new speakers, and a JL Audio W6 Subwoofer stereo system and was kept otherwise stock. I drove my Accord for almost three years before having to part with it when I moved to Seattle to go to college. I sold it to my friend Jon for $2,000 when it had almost 300,000 miles on it. Jon has taken great care of it and still owns it today!

I now attend The Art Institute of Seattle and am two quarters away from graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, with a focus in Graphic Design. I found that living in a metropolitan area was where my heart was and that small-town life was a thing of the past. My first apartment in Seattle was a tiny and hella freaking expensive dorm room which I shared with my best friend. Currently I work as design intern at a worldwide advertising agency and go to school full time. I am writing my senior thesis and now have no life. I'm the first one to let out a big laugh when someone tells a joke or is just being funny. I have several close friends who I share strong bonds with and I value friendship tremendously. I am a hard worker and a hard pleaser also! I place a high importance on trust and respect. So yep, that's me in a hunch!

An interesting fact: One of my guilty pleasures is oinking down a double quarter pounder at McDonalds.

forrest89sei
04-22-2007, 01:15 PM
YES!

Thank you for starting this!

I'd like to know a lot more about the people than run this forum

Civic Accord Honda
04-22-2007, 02:25 PM
:d Yay

Estimated Prophet
04-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for doing this.

race12001
04-23-2007, 10:18 AM
all right finaly this will be interesting

87accordlxi
04-24-2007, 04:38 AM
Moved to OT for a little more exposure.

A18A
04-24-2007, 05:25 AM
good stuff :thumbup: cant wait for the history of 3geez =D

frantik
04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Nice to meet you Mr.Ben :wave:

lol :)

speedpenguin
04-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Nice to get a background on MrBen and his poor dietary habits :)

Cheeseburger
04-25-2007, 10:53 AM
sweet! hi ben :p

MIK3
04-25-2007, 11:07 AM
For the record, that 3gee was infact very clean!

HostileJava
04-26-2007, 07:02 AM
I like McDonald's cheeseburgers to. I just won't eat them there.

2oodoor
04-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Hello MrBen

Thank you for your contributions to this outstanding online community !