PDA

View Full Version : question about the frame

shepherd79
09-09-2002, 08:31 AM
ok i have a question about the front of our cars.
look at the picture http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1986&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=BULKHEAD-WHEELHOUSE

no Number 4 the one in the frame.
how does it get attached to the rest of the frame?
is it welded or bolts?
thanks.

shepherd79
09-09-2002, 04:33 PM
any one?

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-09-2002, 05:06 PM
It's all welded. #6 and 7 are bolted on though, but all the rest is welded. Damn I wish it was just bolted on there....would have made my repair ALOT easier. Instead I had to slice the whole thing off the parts car and my car, and weld it in there. What a pain...

flamed89
09-09-2002, 08:16 PM
drill out all the spot welds,rip that sucker off and weld on the new one it's not hard if you have any questions PM me!

shepherd79
09-10-2002, 04:11 AM
thanks guys.

smufguy
09-11-2002, 08:53 PM
dont drill out the spot welds, it ruins the metal, use a reciprocating saw and saw it off, trust me, i am doing it right now for my front end. its way wayw abetter than drilling out the spot welds. if anyone says drill out the spot welds, ask them if they did it. i tried it, it does not work. drilling holes weakes ur metal strength. anywayz, u will see what i am talking abotu cutting and sawing once i finish my car and get a website up.

the #4 is what i am getting from the junk yard for my car. the dude is selling the whole shit for 40 bucks. nice huh?

shepherd79
09-12-2002, 04:38 AM
well i don't have to buy, i have a hole car sitting wait to be part out.
i am doing prep work now. i will cut and all that shit next summer. i am just doing my homework to see what to do.

smufguy
09-12-2002, 11:58 AM
the reason i dont want u to drill the spot welds is because no matter how much u drill the spot welds, its not gonna be like immediately removable. and imagine the time and effort u gonna put into drilling on both cars and then pathching them up.

Even the body shop dont drill out the spot welds. Chop it and weld it, u will same time, money and energy.