PDA

View Full Version : I know it's not a 3Gee but you guys are more reliable

Jdub07
04-23-2007, 01:22 PM
1998 accord windows work on and off. Drive for 20 min. and they wont work wait a while and then they will. This is the case for not just the driver switch but all the window switches,...this leads me to believe that it must be something other than the switches. A relay? Fuse? anything else I should look at??? Thanks Guys.

J

LX-incredible
04-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Try jiggling the ignition switch while trying to work the windows, it's contacts could be bad. It could also be a fuse, but probably not a relay. Is there anything else that doesn't work?

MessyHonda
04-23-2007, 01:35 PM
in our accords we have a window relay under the seat....maybe thoes 6th gen accord have it too....i would bust out the Digital multimeter and check if you have power to the motors and trace your wires around.

ghettogeddy
04-23-2007, 01:40 PM
u may also have a bad master switch the main drivers switch controls all the windows and the other switches tie into the drivers switch hence the lock out switch id go to a jy pull a driver side switch and test that before ripping into relays and such

Jdub07
04-23-2007, 02:05 PM
The side view mirrors don't function completely. Only adjust in one direction. The actual ignition switch is new from the dealer about 7 months ago they replaced it. Maybe that went bad. I'll try the jiggle feature. I don't think the motors are bad. When they stop working they all stop. Switches in the back seat don't work the back windows, switches in the front dont work the front windows.

What are the switches tied into? Relay, Ignition, Power, Ground. Are the side view mirrors on the same line?

LX-incredible
04-23-2007, 02:26 PM
in our accords we have a window relay under the seat....maybe thoes 6th gen accord have it too....i would bust out the Digital multimeter and check if you have power to the motors and trace your wires around.

u may also have a bad master switch the main drivers switch controls all the windows and the other switches tie into the drivers switch hence the lock out switch id go to a jy pull a driver side switch and test that before ripping into relays and such

A bad window relay or switch wouldn't cause all of them to malfunction.

LX-incredible
04-23-2007, 02:41 PM
The side view mirrors don't function completely. Only adjust in one direction. The actual ignition switch is new from the dealer about 7 months ago they replaced it. Maybe that went bad. I'll try the jiggle feature. I don't think the motors are bad. When they stop working they all stop. Switches in the back seat don't work the back windows, switches in the front dont work the front windows.
What are the switches tied into? Relay, Ignition, Power, Ground. Are the side view mirrors on the same line?
Maybe one of the supply wires got pinched in the driver's door jam. Where is the mirror switch located? If in the door, they could share a wire or two.