PDA

View Full Version : 90 into 89?

LXi89
04-24-2007, 05:36 PM
i was looking but who knows i was wondering can you put on 90 accord tail lights? or would you have to do a conversion? and i wanna stright converter with a 90's catback exhaust. i have the right 4-2-1 DC headers (yes they do have the DC logo on them) becuase my stock exhuast is blown out.
but bottom line can i take SOME parts from the 1990? they look almost identical but for the Engine and ones a 3rd and the other is a 4th gen...

ghettogeddy
04-24-2007, 05:39 PM
tail lights would be a big conversion, as far as exhaust jsut get a custom set made it doesn't cost any more then stock replacement

LXi89
04-24-2007, 05:48 PM
awwh damn because i really want different tail lights, i like the flip up head lights. but yah how would they be a big conversion? like wiring wise or mounting wise?

ghettogeddy
04-24-2007, 05:54 PM
u would need to mold them like the sides are more round and there longer if u want dif tails maybe try to do a jdm conversion

LXi89
04-24-2007, 06:10 PM
u would need to mold them like the sides are more round and there longer if u want dif tails maybe try to do a jdm conversion

prolly might have too, owell it will be worth it to me. i cant have a body and a new color and just have stock tail-lights, it wouldnt look right at all... lol anyways yah would it be worth doing the front over and put a different style but then again i would have to replace how the Hood would fit.

2oodoor
04-25-2007, 03:37 AM
even though they look similar , there are big differences in the trunk lid and quarters. I guess it would be possible to clip the whole rear off a 90 and fit it, still would involve some customized bodywork.
You would be surprized how much better the original ones look if you recondition them:)