PDA

View Full Version : Setting Adjustment on External Konis?

2ndGenGuy
04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
So I've got a set of externally adjustable Koni's on my car. The rears are actually for a Prelude. My fronts are internally adjustable. I figured this wasn't a 2g specific question, so that's why I'm posting here...

I've got the little knob that you put on top of the strut and twist to stiffen / soften up the dampening. I've tried using it to set the adjustment on my shocks, but it won't budge. I even grabbed the little nubs on top and tried twisting them (gently!) with a set of pliers with no luck.

Is there some trick to these? Are they ceased? Do I have to jack up the car to fully extend the strut? The problem is that my fronts are set about 65% stiff, and the rears are mega-soft. I want to stiffen them up, but haven't been able to do so. Are these things just super-hard to turn?

I hope I don't have to send them to Koni to get them rebuilt because they're ceased.

guaynabo89
04-25-2007, 09:18 AM
my konis are externally adjustable and have had no problems adjusting while on the car. Try a little harder to se if theyll budge. maybe take some big bumps or make the rear bounce up and down.

frantik
04-25-2007, 10:35 AM
man for a second i was like rear konis from a prelude will fit our cars?! what a tease :crying:

AZmike
04-25-2007, 12:04 PM
They should be pretty easy to turn. I've heard about them getting stuck if you leave them at either full soft or full stiff--at least on Miatas. I'd get in touch with Koni before you do any damage that won't be covered by the warranty.