PDA

View Full Version : name that symptom

buttaz1
04-25-2007, 08:36 AM
ok
so this is a lil game we ganna play
its called named that symptom. basically everythign i see wrong with the car you get to name that symptom.

ok
so when ever i turn my turn signals on the lights flicker really really slowly

also my speedo jumps up and down crazy while im gaining speed

sometimes i have to turn the car on 3 times to get it moving like it turns off and then i turn it on and it starts and imediatly turns off

when i drive at high speed there is a wind sweeping noise comeing from the passanger side. its annoying i think its from the window sill cause when i roll the window down a lil it goes away

my power mirrors dont work

my driver door has to be locked with a key but my other doors lock with the power lock

my driver window rolls all the way down if i press the button once

ummm
there is a squeking noise every time i the car moves if i sit it it there is a squeing noise its really annoying

ummmmm
oh my hood has to be banged on and push on it then go into the car and pull the latch to get it to open.

i think thats it for now

2oodoor
04-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Buttaz1:slap:

Estimated Prophet
04-25-2007, 08:55 AM

This is normal, no?

2oodoor
04-25-2007, 08:59 AM
This is normal, no?
Yes it's auto down feature.

2oodoor
04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
ok

my driver door has to be locked with a key but my other doors lock with the power lock

Also normal, keeps you from locking your keys in the car

Try some WD 40 on your hood latch and hood release cable

Clean your grounds starting with the battery cables for the dim light flicker with TS on, sometimes they do it anyway... not normal but a characteristic of these cars.

Check to see if your windshield moulding/rubber is twisting up or leaving a gap anywhere for that air noise. See if hood is closing right too, check gap distance around the cowl and fenders. Passenger door weatherstrip torn anywhere?

Pull speedo cable off on both ends and put a dab of grease on the cable. Likley do the speedo head side first and try it.

Fix that belt yet? if it sqeaks only when you move a little, check your brake pad wear indicators

dont know what to say about the starting rituals you have to do, guess im disqualified from the game

buttaz1
04-25-2007, 09:43 AM
no you still in htere lol
i never had a ummm high end honda before lol
but ok this will be my project for tommerow if i can get some money lol
what type of grease is it?
and i think i need shocks and springs cuz the car is bouncy as shit i would need to figure something out lol

mbc
04-25-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure you know this so I will chime in.
Lift the handle while locking driver door to lock all doors. You can also pull on the inside lever also (while locking)

buttaz1
04-25-2007, 10:12 AM
well when i just lock the door it
sounds like it locks all the other doors

2oodoor
04-25-2007, 10:19 AM
No big expense dude, grease could even be vaseline , but it will melt in 90+ temps , so speedo cable grease I guess , your not gonna need but a dab anyway.

buttaz1
04-25-2007, 10:20 AM
also when i drive at high speeds and i brake the car shakes crazy and it swerves is it my breaks?

LX-incredible
04-25-2007, 10:43 AM
so when ever i turn my turn signals on the lights flicker really really slowly

This could be several things, poor grounds, alt not charging properly, corroded battery terminals, or a poor battery. If the lights dim only slightly, I wouldn't worry, those turn signals pull a decent amount of juice.

also my speedo jumps up and down crazy while im gaining speed

In the 0-25 range, right? Inside the speedo there is a magnet that is driven by the cable which passes by another magnet. The more frequently the magnet passes the higher it raises the needle. After every pass a spring tries to return the needle to 0. This is what causes the pulsations. To counteract this they put some heavy grease in the needle pivot to slow down the needle. The only way to fix this is to re-grease the pivot, which is easier said than done.

sometimes i have to turn the car on 3 times to get it moving like it turns off and then i turn it on and it starts and imediatly turns off

Sounds like an ignition switch, but I could be wrong. More detailed explanation with this one.

when i drive at high speed there is a wind sweeping noise comeing from the passanger side. its annoying i think its from the window sill cause when i roll the window down a lil it goes away
my power mirrors dont work

Old weather stripping, door or window not closing properly. Have someone feel for moving air while you are driving.

That's normal. It will lock only when the door is closed or (and not many know this) when you pull on the inside handle and lock it.

ummm

Also normal. When you push down there is a detent, if you go past it the window automatically goes all the way down. If you want the window to go down just part way, don't push the button all the way.

there is a squeking noise every time i the car moves if i sit it it there is a squeing noise its really annoying
ummmmm

Something in the suspension, probably an upper control arm ball joint or it's bushings. Have someone push down on the car while you feel the various components for vibration.

oh my hood has to be banged on and push on it then go into the car and pull the latch to get it to open.
i think thats it for now

As mentioned earlier WD-40 on the latch. Also try screwing those rubber stoppers on either side of the radiator up a bit. They will help push the hood up when the latch is pulled.

Since this is a game, do I win? :lol:

LX-incredible
04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
also when i drive at high speeds and i brake the car shakes crazy and it swerves is it my breaks?
Warped rotors.

2oodoor
04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
stop.... driving .... high.... speeds....:rice:

Oh and also on the wind noise, make sure somebody dint leave the plastic sheet off of the passenger door inside the door panel.

buttaz1
04-25-2007, 10:57 AM
ok
wow lol we might have a winner lol
ok so i had some one feel around last night lol she did a good job but said she didnt feel nothing. lol that doestn sound right

when i said the lights flicker slow i ment the lil arow thing and the ts light it self goes by slowly

i might use this as escuse to buy new parts but im still tring to decide if i wanna work on it or sell it

buttaz1
04-25-2007, 10:59 AM
im not driveing at highspeeds cuz im racing cuz i get out late out the house lol
i can turn a half hour drive into a 5 - 10 min ride

LX-incredible
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
when i said the lights flicker slow i ment the lil arow thing and the ts light it self goes by slowly
Probably need a new flasher. They go for like $10 or $12, or next to (if not) nothing at the j/y.

Those problems don't sound like enough to sell the car and most would be an cheap and easy fix if you did it yourself.

2oodoor
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
im disqualified but I still help
the turn signal flashing slow could also be some bulbs out somewhere

ghettogeddy
04-25-2007, 12:04 PM
im disqualified but I still help
the turn signal flashing slow could also be some bulbs out somewhere
that would make them flash fast

frantik
04-25-2007, 12:47 PM
ok
so this is a lil game we ganna play
its called named that symptom. basically everythign i see wrong with the car you get to name that symptom.

well you're naming the symptoms.. we're telling you the cause :p

yeah that happens to me sometimes.. i think it's cause the front of my mirror isn't 100% flush with the window. i notice if i switch the fresh/rec setting (dunno which one solves it) it goes away without opening the window

buttaz1
04-25-2007, 01:09 PM
lol so how do we decide who wins?

buttaz1
04-27-2007, 06:18 AM
hey i think i found out what was wrong with it lol yay
ii htink its the window seal thing but its all there im going to check out what happends if i slamm the door maybe that will work if not ill replace everyhtin

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-27-2007, 08:45 PM
What you need to do is stop making post about things that are wrong with the car and drive your ass over here and ill help you fix the stuff, lol. It will be a lot faster and easier trust me.

MessyHonda
04-27-2007, 09:08 PM
What you need to do is stop making post about things that are wrong with the car and drive your ass over here and ill help you fix the stuff, lol. It will be a lot faster and easier trust me.

thank you Matt.

buttaz1
04-27-2007, 10:13 PM
lol yea
i know but its like the ricer poison its a very common syndrom that has come to be know as dumb lazy fucker syndrom lol
send me a pm with your next day off to see if i can meet with you so i can go up there and get started on fixing stuff
lol

HondaBoy
04-28-2007, 02:30 PM
my speedo does that jumping crap, it needs a new cable

starting problem, might be a vacuum, fuel or timing issue

to lock the driver door without a key, pull either the inner or outer door handle up and hold, push the lock down at the same time.

your hood latch might need to be disassembled and lubed, or the spring may be defective and in need of replacement to work correctly.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-28-2007, 05:05 PM
thank you Matt.
No problem, too bad my names Tom, lol.

MessyHonda
04-28-2007, 05:27 PM
No problem, too bad my names Tom, lol.

LOL.....oh crap....Tom and Matt are very popular names...lol at least i didnt call you bitesize...:rofl: