PDA

View Full Version : I still owe an apology

night
04-25-2007, 11:04 AM
It's been a long time.

But I never forgot. I started working on my car again and this came back to me and has been haunting me all over again.

myaccord7, all I can say is that I am sorry for how that went. I never had any intention of being a thief, although I know it started to look that way. The head was done by PYR soon after he came from Cali. I paid him 500 cash, for what I now know was a crappy job. I took it to his house personally and talked to him and his brother.

But that doesn't matter now. What matters is what happen.
And the truth is I guess I can't ever know for sure. The machine shop called me saying the head was cracked. At that point I was at a loss. I had never had any problems with it for the 3 years or so I drove it. No water loss, no water/oil mixing, nothing.
When I saw the head he had only the exhaust guides out. I was very suspicious as the head had already been dipped and was completely clean. How could he miss that before starting the guides? The head was cracked dead center under the cam between the journals. It seemed very much like they had cracked it taking the guides out. But there was little I could do to prove one way or another. In the end i just didn't know what to do and didn't have the money at the time to return right away.

myaccord7, you did an excellent job scaring my wife, but I deserved it. She picks on me about it still. I shouldn't have prolonged it and come out with the story.
I forget his name, but there was a member in our shop here that I talked to and was about to tell him the story and show him the head as an outside witness for you, but I chickened out. I will take a pic tonight if you would like, I need to charge the cameras batteries.

I hope you can accept this apology. At least in part.

To the rest of 3geez that knew me, I was not the person I appeared to be. I was a very early member here and I really enjoyed the small community. Perhaps I could come back, but I don't know that it would ever feel the same.

John

ghettogeddy
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
well it takes a man to apologize lol but i dont even think that guy post here much anymore, anyways i dont see why u left in the first place welcome back

carotman
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Glad to have you back. It's been a while indeed.

I don't remember the story exactly but I know there was some arguing. Money sucks, especially when you don't have money.

night
04-26-2007, 08:32 AM
well, a quick summary was i was selling him my ported head and it didnt go well then dragged on. i got him his money back, but i believe he was still upset about some of it cuz he had a credit card enabled paypal that took out like 15 bucks fee.

i believe it was rob that was here in the shop before but i dont remember names very well now. not that many houston people. he wasn't really into talking after i told him who i was.

but i've always felt bad about it and so just sorta stayed away.

cubert
04-26-2007, 06:26 PM
wow..so the dude called and scared your wife?

what a winner :rolleyes:

night
04-26-2007, 07:47 PM
he left a voice mail about contacting the police.
but i really cant say he didnt have reason at the time. it was 450$ he was worried about. i have been screwed over before, lost a couple hundred twice, and i know how it feels. but i never intended to keep any of his money.

Pico
04-26-2007, 09:37 PM
it takes a man to apologize
I agree with ghettogeddy
Welcome Back

1ajs
04-26-2007, 10:22 PM
welcome back.

whats done is done don't dwel in the past as life is life........

anyhow care to post some pics of your 3gee? or ya still got it?

2oodoor
04-27-2007, 03:35 AM
:) :welcome: If he got his money back other than the fee I really don't see any reason you should feel you did something that terrible. Yes he probably is feeling a little grinded, but that is the cost of doing business sometimes IMO appropriate action would be just don't do business with that person.
IMO your thread here is very noble and honest, typically an admired trait in a person yes?
And yes I think the machinist may have cracked the head IMO:)

guaynabo89
04-27-2007, 09:06 AM
anyhow care to post some pics of your 3gee? or ya still got it?

he actually had a black 2nd gen prelude si.

In business dont play games. I dont know what happened to you personally but you should never move forward in a transaction before covering all your bases.

You solved it so there shouldnt be any problems.

night
04-27-2007, 10:01 AM
well i do have an 87 hatch. had it for like 4 years now. its been a beater with bondo and rust all over it for a long time but i just got it painted and am almost done with the interior. i brought my cam to work and i'll get some pics of everything before i leave.

and the prelude is an 85 DX. then an 89 LXi motor. and now a B20vtec very soon.

I dont know what happened to you personally but you should never move forward in a transaction before covering all your bases.
You solved it so there shouldnt be any problems.

the head was complete as is, but he wanted to go ahead and get it freshened up with new seals and seats cut and have it shaved to what he wanted it. after i took it they said the guides were worn, but i can get them at shop price so i just covered the price on them.
after that is when it all went wrong.

guaynabo89
04-27-2007, 12:57 PM
ah

i just rembered black lude. its been a long time.

that definately sounds like a horror story. did you ever try and take legal action against the shop?

You should have let im take it to is local machine shop for the freshning. So what seemed as a favor at the ime turned into the mess huh.

AccordEpicenter
04-27-2007, 02:48 PM
who are you?

night
04-27-2007, 04:21 PM
i'm the same person i've been for quite a while now :ugh:

and i got a bunch of pics at lunch.. but forgot my camera at work.