PDA

View Full Version : where to get axles?

88accordSF
04-27-2007, 09:47 PM
i need a left side axle like brittany spears needs a brain implant...

anybody got a good source on that for a solid price? i'll be stomping on it frequently, but generally prefer just going OEM quality instead of pricey aftermarket stuff.... usually much cheaper, given the way i drive and the frequency that i break stuff...

just messed up the wheel-side of the left axle racing my coworker :) definitely worth the fun.

thanks!

.: T

MessyHonda
04-27-2007, 09:57 PM
i need a left side axle like brittany spears needs a brain implant...
anybody got a good source on that for a solid price? i'll be stomping on it frequently, but generally prefer just going OEM quality instead of pricey aftermarket stuff.... usually much cheaper, given the way i drive and the frequency that i break stuff...
just messed up the wheel-side of the left axle racing my coworker :) definitely worth the fun.
thanks!
.: T

hey...what are you doing tomorrow....i can prob stop by. or something

i would call you but its almost 11pm

AccordEpicenter
04-28-2007, 06:26 AM
eeeeeeeebay

88accordSF
04-28-2007, 06:00 PM
alright...

what is the basic process for installing an axle?

will i need any special tools like c-clip pliers, etc? or just sockets & jackstands, etc...

Pico
04-28-2007, 06:09 PM
you'll need a 32mm socket to remove the axle nut, 17mm socket and or wrench to remove the dampner fork that the axle goes thru , 17mm socket to remove the ball joint nut and a pickle fork and hammer to pop the lower ball joint.

EDIT: not sure but I think you would want to drain the transmission fluid first...

w261w261
04-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I've found that Honda OEM axles are worth the extra money, maybe even for you, as you sound like you put a lot of strain on your drivetrain.

You've come to the right place for help on your 3G. Now you should learn to use the site. The big thing is learn to use the SEARCH function. The other thing is learn to navigate around. For instance, if you would have looked in the "how to" sections, you would have found this thread:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28515

Various people over the years have put a lot of effort into posts like the above. There's a lot to be learned, but you have to come up to speed on the site.

Pico
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks w261w261 I forgot about that thread too :uh:

88accordSF
04-28-2007, 06:34 PM
For instance, if you would have looked in the "how to" sections, you would have found this thread... Various people over the years have put a lot of effort into posts like the above. There's a lot to be learned, but you have to come up to speed on the site.

hey w261... are you a mechanic for trade?

88accordSF
04-28-2007, 06:35 PM
hey...what are you doing tomorrow....i can prob stop by. or something
i would call you but its almost 11pm

hit me up on my cell....

Jeff97FST/A
04-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Got mine at Autozone. Drain the tranny.