PDA

View Full Version : kicker 8" L7?

alanizgod
04-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Has anyone personally heard this sub or own one of these? I was looking for the strongest 8" I could find (opposed to getting a single 10") and these things are friggin' powerful. They run at 450 RMS....which to me seems like a LOT of power considering the size. Since they're also square, I'm not sure whether or not that would affect the response (thus why I'm choosing an 8" over a 10"). Anybody?

MessyHonda
04-28-2007, 08:23 AM
my friend has a 10 inch solobaric L5 in his wagon and that thing pounds. i would get the 10 inch. they are still small enough that you put it in the trunk with out losing lots of space. if i remember he got his for 150 with box.

alanizgod
04-28-2007, 08:26 AM
I have a buddy with a 12" L7 and that thing made all the lights in my car dim. The other reason I like that 8" was because it works perfectly with an amp I have when it's bridged. Right now I'm looking at one for about 140 (without a box) and that's not much of a problem for me.

HondaBoy
04-28-2007, 02:21 PM
i heard 3 eight inch L7s in a single sealed box. it was wicked. my buddy has one 12 inch solobaric in a ported box, and that is mean as hell. i think with the right amp and box, one 8 inch L7 would do the trick though. i'm wanting just one 12 inch solobaric which i hope to get sometime this year maybe along with all new speakers all around and a new head unit and possibly new amps and crossover if i can get rid of what i've got already.

sinisterfuzzy
04-28-2007, 06:59 PM
kickers are hella teh cheapness on ebay. and they're badass for the price. i have 2 kicker comps, and they're pretty mean for the $100 i paid for hte pair in a box.

Crazybird
04-29-2007, 11:44 AM
ive heard them

my buddy has them in his civic and wow..... they arnt as tight as my jls but they f*cking pound

simplyxtrippin
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
that thing made all the lights in my car dim.
that means your car is junk. haha. just kidding Watzi.
so yeah, i would recommend a capacitor.
p.s. thanks for the JL's and the amp bro. i finally put them in today. (that should let you know who this is :idea:)

alanizgod
05-06-2007, 05:21 PM
that means your car is junk. haha. just kidding Watzi.
so yeah, i would recommend a capacitor.
p.s. thanks for the JL's and the amp bro. i finally put them in today. (that should let you know who this is :idea:)

Heh I think Watzi was a dead give away. Did you get your other question answered?

simplyxtrippin
05-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Heh I think Watzi was a dead give away. Did you get your other question answered?

ya. there are alot of helpful people here. I'm waiting for my sis to send me her cd player. But she told me that i have to buy the wiring for it. i'll just try to figure it out. the one i have now is not too bad either.

alanizgod
05-09-2007, 04:09 PM
ya. there are alot of helpful people here. I'm waiting for my sis to send me her cd player. But she told me that i have to buy the wiring for it. i'll just try to figure it out. the one i have now is not too bad either.

That sucks...oh yea I have my new wires and cables so you have to help me out. :D