PDA

View Full Version : can anyone make an attempt at comparing what they know with my lude...

night
04-30-2007, 02:07 PM
doing some thinking on the lude before i get back on it.
i plan to road race the shit out of it.

keep in mind the car is stripped now and will be less than 1800lb with me.

i currently have:
-88-89 LXi front brakes
-addco rear bar
-eibachs 1.3 drop with the dead coil cut
-tokico blues

with the weight advantage do those experienced think that will be a good setup?
the front bar is quite large on its own considering the size of the car.
i could put the bigger front brakes but i think that will be overkill.
i would like a coilover/adjustable shock setup, but the rear gives me nightmares. i can live with the rear brakes, i don't think bigger would make the slightest difference, not to mention i don't know how i would change them anyway.
is there anyone on here that has messed with the rear of a 2gen lude that knows or knows of anyone thats put a different strut setup on it? i just don't have the money to go experimenting right now..

any comments?

86AccordLxi
04-30-2007, 02:10 PM
I'd get rid of those eibachs, first thing. Dunno the spring rates for preludes, but they tend to be very mild increase in the rear and much more increase in rates up front (= more understeer). Also, they're probably progressive which I wouldn't want on a dedicated track car either. Ride quality shouldn't matter at the track.

Alex

MessyHonda
04-30-2007, 02:10 PM
it sounds like a good set up. what kind of rims and tires do you have?

86AccordLxi
04-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh, also what tires are you running? That'll be the biggest handling factor.

You might also try making some solid endlinks for your rear sway bar, and maybe your front bar too.

Alex

87LXiR
05-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I'd get rid of those eibachs, first thing. Dunno the spring rates for preludes, but they tend to be very mild increase in the rear and much more increase in rates up front (= more understeer). Also, they're probably progressive which I wouldn't want on a dedicated track car either. Ride quality shouldn't matter at the track.

Alex

I agree, you should try to tighten up the rear though im not too familiar with the parts available for 2nd gen ludes. I know tokicos make shocks for them and look to see if nuespeed/H&R makes some springs. As for wheels get some 14's but try not to go bigger than 15's unless they're lightweight. Good luck with the lude as i know the handle better than our 3g.

night
05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
ya, i think i'm gonna leave it alone for now while i research the best way to mod something into the rear.
im kinda partial to my rims you see on it. they are only 40lbs total, which really isnt that heavy. though eventually i'll probly go with the ugly ass LS webs.

i plan to end up with koni double adjustables and adjustable coil overs. a good budget setup.