PDA

View Full Version : b series mounts

tightwhitelx
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
hey guys i can get mounts made for us for our cars but i need to get somebodys place racing ones or somebodys hacked up crx mounts that you have made to fit the 3g with a b series engine. the guy i am in contact with is looking for a prototype to make then sell if i can promise him atleast 20 will be sold so post up guys if you have some mounts that fit our cars with a b series and i can help everyone on the board with these!

reanimator420
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
lol nice, the problem is no one is coming off with a set of mounts unless you murder someone for them lol. im down but i dont think the "mounts holders" would be.

tightwhitelx
04-30-2007, 02:43 PM
well i was talking with him last night about how is company is looking for new markets to go into and told him about 3geez and how everyone needs b series mounts all i need is a set from someone to get this rolling

snoopyloopy
04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
there's a member here who has an unused set. he said he's going to get them blueprinted, but it hasn't happened yet. but i also heard that there was a slight flaw in the place racing mounts so if your friend is going to produce his own set, it might just be better to get him a b-series engine + tranny and 3g engine bay and just mock up his own set to sell.

reanimator420
04-30-2007, 03:25 PM
just get a mock block, a 3g and some rnd and we will be set!! but why not h mounts? just a thought since if he is making from scratch

ZackieDarko
04-30-2007, 05:16 PM
fuck the H i want K :-p

Legend_master
04-30-2007, 05:29 PM
there's a member here who has an unused set. he said he's going to get them blueprinted, but it hasn't happened yet. but i also heard that there was a slight flaw in the place racing mounts so if your friend is going to produce his own set, it might just be better to get him a b-series engine + tranny and 3g engine bay and just mock up his own set to sell.

What flaw, I havent had any. The only thing I could see wrong is that there is not a front mount.

snoopyloopy
05-01-2007, 05:46 AM
fuck the H i want K :-p
hell yeah, let's see some k-powered 3g accords around here! i'm with you. i think that's my next project after my b20a.

Vanilla Sky
05-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Isn't the k series way too tall for our engine bay? While we're at it, why not just go with a j and have a v6?

shepherd79
05-01-2007, 06:27 AM
hell yeah, let's see some k-powered 3g accords around here! i'm with you. i think that's my next project after my b20a.

so why would you want to start one project, fiish it and go with another engine swap.
why not just work on K series swap to start with.

MessyHonda
05-01-2007, 07:05 AM
H or K mounts would be cool even tho i would like H since they are normal looking engines. like they face fowards insted of backwards

ZackieDarko
05-01-2007, 10:46 AM
who cares

id cut a hole in my hood for a K

87lxiaccord
05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
so why would you want to start one project, fiish it and go with another engine swap.
maybe he'll just have 2 accords lol

I'd be interested in mounts but not now maybe in like 2 years.

tightwhitelx
05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
well i thought the b series ones would work best since not too many ppl wanna drop the big bucks for a K and we all know how cheap a ls motor can be had for you guys just let me know and ill pass the word along i already have the 3 g for him to use just need somebody's mounts for him to improve on then he can start selling them

ZackieDarko
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
id take a set of B series mounts if somebody got them made

A20A3quippedbeast
05-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Isn't the k series way too tall for our engine bay? While we're at it, why not just go with a j and have a v6?

NSX motor + ITBs FTMFW! :P

Yes, the K series is too tall, I think someone also had minor clearance issues with the B series motor as well, though they're not insurmountable.

MessyHonda
05-01-2007, 09:08 PM
lets start talking money.....how much would he want if he get like 3-5 buyers.

che3wy
05-01-2007, 09:17 PM
i would totally buy these. count me in messy

ZackieDarko
05-01-2007, 10:09 PM
lets start talking money.....how much would he want if he get like 3-5 buyers.

+2 on that

sinisterfuzzy
05-01-2007, 11:44 PM
depending on the price i might hit these up, and i don't even have a 3gee... but once i get one, and these mounts... ls/vtec baby

ZackieDarko
05-02-2007, 12:43 AM
depending on the price i might hit these up, and i don't even have a 3gee... but once i get one, and these mounts... ls/vtec baby

B18C1 baby

Legend_master
05-02-2007, 05:57 AM
We all know that nobody is going to be able to afford K or H swaps. For one, both of those use cable shifters. That alone would be a bitch to setup. Two we have no known knowledge of axle combinations to use with the swaps for H and K. Third for the K series we would have to have the K series ECU, since it is specific to the K-series motors. The b-swap is much more practical then any other swap in to these cars. The shift linkages are easy, the axles are easy, and the wire harness is rather easy. The mounts are the most difficult part. I really don't think anybody is going to put the money up for these.

tightwhitelx
05-02-2007, 02:38 PM
^^^^agreed and to answer someone elses question this guys company is looking to turn a profit so by him making mounts that would be just as good as avid or hasport so making 3 is out of the question remember the first cf hood group buy i do i got mine first!!!! with pics on the board i miss that thing anyway when we did that gb he needed at least 10 ppl and that price was i think around 400 or so somebody correct me if im wrong but thats kinda what has to happen with these mounts his company needs to see the demand is out there for us to get these mounts so if you have a set that you would like to send me pm me and i can get these made for us and get more details on how much the finished project would cost everyone. im trustworty ive been a memeber of this site a long time.

snoopyloopy
05-02-2007, 03:14 PM
We all know that nobody is going to be able to afford K or H swaps. For one, both of those use cable shifters. That alone would be a bitch to setup. Two we have no known knowledge of axle combinations to use with the swaps for H and K. Third for the K series we would have to have the K series ECU, since it is specific to the K-series motors. The b-swap is much more practical then any other swap in to these cars. The shift linkages are easy, the axles are easy, and the wire harness is rather easy. The mounts are the most difficult part. I really don't think anybody is going to put the money up for these.

find someone to bankroll the initial part, like nswt8 did for the ge cam gear group buy, and see if you can't set up something like that. maybe even have a group buy and everyone turn in money and all that fun stuff. and if i were the bankroller, i'd then go put some on ebay after the group buy commitments were fulfilled.

and on the h/k swaps, it's not that it's impossible. i've seen a running ah (84-87) civic running a built k engine. i've seen b-series engines in 1g civics and accords. so it should definitely work in a 3g. we just have to find someone with the pockets who likes these cars enough to shove one in.

what 87lxi said. i'll probably put the b20a in the one i have, and keep it as a daily driver. i've been contemplating lately to either get another ca5 or a hatch and k-swap it. that'll be in a few years, though.