PDA

View Full Version : Sellin the 3Gee

87AccordLXsdn
04-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, I have decided to buy a different car. It sucks to think about buying "For Sale" signs to put inside of it. But, I'll get to experience a new thrill with a new car. Hopefully it gives me the same fun as the '87 has. I'm signing for the loan tomorrow to get a '94 Accord EX. It has more things that I like in a car. Power everything, including moon roof, coupe, leather, 5-speed, FUEL INJECTION, white. Not to mention that it easily excepts the H22 swap. It's just an overall nice car. Has many more miles than mine (170k, compared to 88k), but I can tell it has been taken care of. To make it even better, it's bone stock so I can start out fresh. I don't think I'm gonna try to sell it on here, but if anyone is interested, let me know.

Civic Accord Honda
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
:(

MessyHonda
04-30-2007, 11:20 PM
yeah that sucks.....i say try to keep em both

87lxiaccord
05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
You're not allowed i voted for you for aom. You have to keep the 3g :(

AccordEpicenter
05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
keep your 3g, dont sell for a 5g

87AccordLXsdn
05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Well I appreciate the vote, but I think it's time. I could possibly keep both, but then I'll have a payment for three years and I don't like owing money. I have wanted a 5gee for some time now and I finally found a good deal. I signed for the loan today so it should be mine in a few days. I'll always appreciate the 3gee and maybe one day I'll own another.

89l_x_i
05-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Are you guys serious? Keeping a carb 3g over a 5th gen that has tons more potentiol? Man what have you guys been smoking lol Anyways enjoy the new car i would rather take a sedan but the coupes arent to bad.

AccordEpicenter
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
YOUD borrow money to buy a 94 accord with 170k miles and sell an 88k mile 3g?

MessyHonda
05-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Are you guys serious? Keeping a carb 3g over a 5th gen that has tons more potentiol? Man what have you guys been smoking lol Anyways enjoy the new car i would rather take a sedan but the coupes arent to bad.

he has weber carb on his honda....non of this bridnest that honda came with.

89l_x_i
05-01-2007, 05:19 PM
huh???? bridnest? Dont matter its still carb and a 5g coupe is a much better car, its got vtec not that its a good kind of vtec but it still has it lol, four wheel disk, alb's, dual airbags, tons of aftermarket support, and a turbo friendly engine.

AccordEpicenter
05-01-2007, 05:24 PM
its not any faster than the car he has really. Turbo parts for that engine are just as expensive as a20 for the most part.

A20A3quippedbeast
05-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I like the 5th gens for the same reasons he does. The H22 motor is nearly 100% direct drop, because during that time the JDM Accord Type-R's actually used the H22 motor. I read in Sport Compact Car that they actually built them in the states as well. I love my 3rd gen but when I get more money I'll be buying a new car. Sometimes it's just time to move on, you know? Especially if you don't want to build a mostly-custom turbo system on an A20A3. The fifth generation Accords have so much better aftermarket support, and even if you keep your H22 NA, it'll be fast. Good luck, don't miss the third gen too much man.

russiankid
05-01-2007, 05:36 PM
My carb'd 3gee is nice. 145k and still pulling strong. I do however dislike the power lag below 3k rpm.

89l_x_i
05-01-2007, 05:40 PM
The f22b1 is cheap to turbo. If your smart and know how to find good deals you can piece a kit for about 1k and since the car is obd1 its easier to tune. Not saying a 3g is not nice but a 5g is much better.

1ajs
05-01-2007, 06:39 PM
make sure it gets a good home!!!!!!

drago742
05-01-2007, 08:05 PM
5th gen aint that bad my friend just got one a few weeks ago but how much would u sell ya car for

Steve_Si
05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
5th gen + H22A = the shitter I drive when it rains. So my 3G never gets wet.

long live the 3G :D

Also there never was a JDM type R accord, the 5th gen JDM with H22A is the Accord SiR (like my wagon) and the 6th gen JDM with the red top H22A is the Accord or Torneo Euro-R. There is a EDM 6th gen Type R but the JDM Euro-R is still better.

MessyHonda
05-01-2007, 09:35 PM
The f22b1 is cheap to turbo. If your smart and know how to find good deals you can piece a kit for about 1k and since the car is obd1 its easier to tune. Not saying a 3g is not nice but a 5g is much better.

yeah he would have to rebuild since the engine has over 170k just to get a turbo and for the price of that he can just drop in a newer h22 in NA form....thats why 3geez are soo cheap because nothing will bolt on with out getting some custom work done...but that is what makes them unique cuz you can get on Ebay and pick up a turbo kit....and 1k for a turbo kit.....wtf....i dont want some made in China parts under my hood.

sinisterfuzzy
05-01-2007, 10:31 PM
how much you lookin to get for it?

87AccordLXsdn
05-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Well everything should be finalized on Friday. I think this is going to be a really fun car to build up and make my own. My 3gee, I bought with a lot of things done to it, but even though I re-did mostly everything on it there isn't a whole lot more to do except for custom stuff, and I just don't think it's worth it anymore. I'm trying to get about $4,000 out of it. I think that's about the most I can get but if anyone thinks otherwise and has a good reason that I didn't think of, I'll jack it up a lil.

89l_x_i
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
yeah he would have to rebuild since the engine has over 170k just to get a turbo and for the price of that he can just drop in a newer h22 in NA form....thats why 3geez are soo cheap because nothing will bolt on with out getting some custom work done...but that is what makes them unique cuz you can get on Ebay and pick up a turbo kit....and 1k for a turbo kit.....wtf....i dont want some made in China parts under my hood.

yeah cheap until you actually want to start modifying it then the "unique" custom parts are worth more than the car itself. As for a 1k turbo its possible if your smart enough and know where to look. Many people on d-series.org are making 200whp and are completely reliable all for about 1k. "but that is what makes them unique cuz you can get on Ebay and pick up a turbo kit" if only that was true lmao

snoopyloopy
05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
sad to see you leave the 3g, but the 5g is a nice step up. while the 3g looks classy, the 5g looks much sportier. certainly better than the 4g, imo. and yeah, they can be pretty nice cars. the f22 motors are easy/cheap to turbo, and especially with h23 head. or a straight h22 swap is nice too. both have their ups and downs.

cubert
05-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Have fun with the accord..i almost bought one before i found my civic..real nice cars.

Im with 89l_x_i...youd have to be insane to keep a carbed 4 cylinder over a FI car, thats almost 10 years newer with a shitload more options. If being unique means not having anything readily availible, and spending more time custom making stuff than driving the car, and burning a hole in my wallet..then count me out.

blazin3gen
05-03-2007, 07:12 PM
sucks man i love your ride

coope
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
so long carby hello fi and hello turbo i can hear it now (sneez sneez chow)