PDA

View Full Version : need some shocks

alboy86
05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
well i looked in my little book of repairs that my dad has used since the car was new and noticed the shocks havent been replaced since 92 and today on the freeway i hit this werid little hill and bottomed out plus when im on the freeway the ride is really bumpy at first i thought they did a crapy job on paving it but it does it at high speeds. anyways i was wondering how hard it was to take the shocks and and replace them im just gunna get a good set from pepboys. any suggestions please.

Vanilla Sky
05-01-2007, 06:28 PM
For only a little more than the ones from pep boys, you can have Tokico Blues from eBay. On a car with stock springs, you'll have better damping. The Blues were designed to be used at stock height, or with only a minimal drop.

alboy86
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
hmmm ill take a look at those how hard is it to install shocks i have an idea on how to do it only thing that worries me is compressing the spring but if ya do it right i guess ill have no worries

MessyHonda
05-01-2007, 09:24 PM
hmmm ill take a look at those how hard is it to install shocks i have an idea on how to do it only thing that worries me is compressing the spring but if ya do it right i guess ill have no worries

bring it to the Pico shop. every ones car gets lowerded ....FItz, picos, geddys and mine . i had my tokico blues on stock springs but it almost felt the same since my other shocks were not busted. after i got the lowering springs wow what a difference. it feels nice and tight also

87LXiR
05-01-2007, 10:46 PM
From my experience removing the struts isnt all that difficult (but it does take a litlle work). The difficulty comes when taking them apart ( seperating the strut and coil). Im not too sure but i believe you might be able to find a shop that could mount (and dismount the coil, all you would have to do is pull out the assembly and re-install it.

LX-incredible
05-02-2007, 07:03 AM
You would need a spring compressor. Take the strut assembly with you when you go to buy, most won't fit our coils.

alboy86
05-02-2007, 09:17 PM
hmm ill just take them out and take them to a shop and have them put them in shouldnt cost that much

Blizzard
05-02-2007, 09:55 PM
My springs werent under any pressure to amount to anything. Didnt even have to use a spring compresser.

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/index.cfm?mode=make&type=C
Fast shipping. Good customer service.

87lxiaccord
05-03-2007, 04:56 PM
You can always rent a spring compressor at your local Automotive parts store. It's isn't hard at all to compress the srpings when you have the right tool.

alboy86
05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
sweet ill just do them myself that means more money for better shocks hehe

Oldblueaccord
05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
There something called a strut bearing. Its a bushing in the top hat. its wears and gives you the jarring ride your feeling on sharp bumps. I think you might have to get them at the dealer. You ll have it apart so its one of those things you might as well change when its apart.

wp

MessyHonda
05-04-2007, 01:03 PM
There something called a strut bearing. Its a bushing in the top hat. its wears and gives you the jarring ride your feeling on sharp bumps. I think you might have to get them at the dealer. You ll have it apart so its one of those things you might as well change when its apart.
wp

when i got my tokicos it came with some ruber bushings are thoes the same that you are talking about. BTW the tokico replacement are a lil bigger than stock.

Oldblueaccord
05-04-2007, 07:49 PM
http://imagehost.wohdog.sytes.net/Honda-Accord-Photos/lowering/3.jpg

stolen from wohdog.

That rubber thing the strut rod goes thru. Actually all that prolly could be replaced.

wp

Oldblueaccord
05-04-2007, 08:17 PM
http://partimages2.genpt.com/partimages/517809.jpg

I dunno I think thats the part dont hold me to it.

wp

Pico
05-04-2007, 08:22 PM
http://partimages2.genpt.com/partimages/517809.jpg
I dunno I think thats the part dont hold me to it.
wp
those are it, I replaced those when I did my front shocks

frantik
05-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I hope I replaced mine too cause I've got some of those around here lol

Pico
05-04-2007, 09:12 PM
I hope I replaced mine too cause I've got some of those around here lol
I hope so too because I cant remember if we did :violin:

frantik
05-04-2007, 09:14 PM
well if we didnt them i'm running without any at all lol which i think i would have noticed :)

MessyHonda
05-04-2007, 10:38 PM
well if we didnt them i'm running without any at all lol which i think i would have noticed :)

or you could be running on stock rubber ones...like i said my tokicos came with a lil bit more bigger ones.