PDA

View Full Version : A, B, C Air Jet Controller Question

carotman
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Well. I noticed that my 87 Hatch carb has no A B C vacuum lines line my 89 did. I guess it's because it's an "early" car (86-87)

I want to pinpoint a vacuum leak in the car and I want to perform the "Stage 1" vacuum removal. (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11067)

I know mine has only 1 port instead of 3. What should I do with it? Leave it connected or just cap it off?

Vanilla Sky
05-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Do me a favor and take pics of the vac hoses and of the diagram. I'm wanting to reduce clutter in my engine bay and get some of that rat's nest tamed.

bushbean
05-01-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm also interested in knowing how your stage-1 removal go. I didn't have much luck with my stage-1. The engine had intermittent idle problem after I did stage-1. Therefore, I had to put all of the vac hose back.

A20A1
05-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Leave it connected for now... but where does it go if it's not to an air jet controller? a solenoid valve?

Also Carot, I think your thermovalves were different, so I'm not sure how closely you can follow the dagrams.

carotman
05-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes, the thermovales are different. I don't have a main vacuum port at the back of the intake manifold like you guys have. most of the manifold vacuum comes from cylinder 1-2

I have a 3 port thermovalve (green) and a 2 port (yellow)

I managed to follow your diagram nonetheless. I don't have any airjet controller, it's just the powervalve vacuum.

I also got 2 vacuum ports at the bottom of the carb (in the back) I don't know what they do exactly either yet, I haven't investigated.(labeled #3 and #7)

A20A1
05-04-2007, 02:32 PM
#3 and #7 could go to simmilar valves in your black box if you have one.
one is for EGR Control Valve
the other is to a Vacuum Switch.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4543

A20A1
05-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I managed to follow your diagram nonetheless. I don't have any airjet controller, it's just the powervalve vacuum.

You don't have any of the air jet ports open on the carb though? not even the one next to the secondary diaprhragm port? I was just wondering if you had the one on the front of the carb, where it went to if not to the AJC.