PDA

View Full Version : Power Locks

88' Accord Ltd
09-09-2002, 03:45 PM
Ok so last night i was driving home and my front passenger door lock wouldnt open the door unless i pushed it all the way up. So i opened it up for my gf and whatever. So today i opened it up to have a look at it and it seems that the motor is bad, but thats not my problem. I put the panel back on and the door locked and its closed, now i cant open it at all! and now my other power locks dont even work as strongly as before! You can hear the motors working and everything but its very quiet and quick. I was wondering if the two problems are related cause i mean they were all working fine before i opened the door up and the door lock in the front passenger door is still hooked up. The fuse is still good as well so i dont know what the problem could be. Any help at all would be apprecaited. Sorry for the length and if its a little confusing.

88' Accord Ltd
09-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Ok so now there is nothing happening when i press the lock button down or up. no one has any ideas?

88' Accord Ltd
09-10-2002, 09:56 AM
Alrite well i did find out why the other lock werent working properly sort of...... One of the wires for the lock on that side was broken. I replaced it and they seem to want to go up now but they dont want to lock when i press the button. I still cant get the door open either lol I'm not going to try anymore today, i have to get a new motor from the junkyard first.....

88' Accord Ltd
09-11-2002, 01:00 PM
Alrite since I'm sure no one has any idea what the problem was but me I'll fill whoever wants to know in. I did get the door open but it was a 2 man job. The pin that slides along with the unlocking thing was blocking it from going all the way up so i had to push it up and my dad had to open the door at the same time. Then to fix the locks not going down i just replaced the control box under the passenger seat and it worked fine. Sorry If the explanation is a little confusing

smufguy
09-11-2002, 08:05 PM
thats what i was gonna say. the electronic lock control unit under the driver seat (that shitty grey box) is usually what grows old as years go buy. i am glad it worked out for you.