PDA

View Full Version : They're dying, but how fast?

w261w261
05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
When I got my 3G five years ago, they were pretty common in Bridgeport and similar towns in CT (lots of income-challenged residents). Now, they're getting to be kind of scarce. I know that many of them I used to see were in that stage of zero-maintenance-until-they-die mode, but their semi-sudden disappearance has taken me a bit by surprise. Or maybe I just haven't been lucky.

How about the rest of you? Are the non-enthusiast 3G's going away? What have you noticed?

89l_x_i
05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
I still see plenty of 3g's daily il say any where between 2-5 on a daily basis.

87lxiaccord
05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
well I've only owned my 3gee for a year but I see lots of them, at least stock ones.

MessyHonda
05-03-2007, 05:31 PM
yeah i see lots around...most of the older people drive them or young people like my self. but i only seen one fixed up accord...it had 17 inch black rims, tinted windows and custom ricer exhaust

AccordEpicenter
05-03-2007, 06:13 PM
i see some now and again in the nyc area but in buffalo they are scarce

Pico
05-03-2007, 06:20 PM
plenty of them here in the Bay Area

HondaBoy
05-03-2007, 06:20 PM
there were some half way decent ones around here. but yeah, as you said they are getting scarce. ones i see now days arent in very nice condition and usually are really ghetto compared to mine. my buddy at school has one. its a beater, but its in decent condition for a beater. even a lot of 4th gens are pretty crappy compared to mine that i see around. i plan on keeping mine for as long as i can. i may be building an A20 for my car to swap in later this year. it seems that another A20 will be the cheapest build rather than a B or K series for sure. maybe more reliable on top of that. i'm shooting for 150 hp with head work, larger bore size and dual carb setup. so pretty much i plan to keep the car for a long time.

carotman
05-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Well, you've been to Quebec this winter and you've seen how it's insanely cold sometimes. Well, cars dies up faster here. I can say they died like 4 years ago here.

I RARELY see any 3g on the road anymore up here. There's plenty still in the junkyards but they will be rare even there in about 3 years.

A18A
05-03-2007, 08:30 PM
i have been thinking about how many 3geez ive been seeing around lately, not many at all, theres 2 i know of, but hardly see anymore, oh well when i get my car going at least i can say to people that i have a very rare, 1 of a kind car :D but it still sucks not being able to see any around

Hazwan
05-04-2007, 04:01 AM
theres not much of them here in malaysia also, at least in my area. lots of 4g+ and civics though.

2oodoor
05-04-2007, 07:06 AM
I still see plenty of 3g's daily il say any where between 2-5 on a daily basis.
that would be my weeekly average here.

5 to 10 of them in any junkyard around, 2-3 weekly for sale in local sell and trade paper.

Estimated Prophet
05-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Being where I work I see them a lot. Rarely, if ever, clean or decent looking and only one hatch(86-87 DX :barf:).

mbc
05-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Most of the 3G's around here are now in Mexico. People down here buy new cars every couple of years.

2ndGenGuy
05-04-2007, 11:40 AM
There's a 11ty bajillion of them here. Once In a while, I'll see a nice, clean, lowered one and wonder if he's a 3geezer, or if he at least has been to the site. They don't usually recognize my car as their big (yet smaller) brother Accord.

Crazybird
05-04-2007, 12:02 PM
i see on average 1 a week..... ya its sad since the junkyard guy said that they barley even take them in anymore either :'(

and theres no such thing as a fixed up one here anymore since the salt eats these cars here in winnipeg

this summer i used to see 3 a week maybe

frantik
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
there's at least 3 or 4 that live wthin a 10 minute walk of me :) most of the time they're just stock.. if I see a 3gee modded usually it has some cheap ass purple tint or tacky wheel covers

Legend_master
05-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I only see coups and hatches occasionally, but I tend to see 4drs' a little more often. I have been noticing them thinning out though.

frantik
05-04-2007, 02:00 PM
yeah.. unfortunately our 3geez are reaching their 20th birthday, and they're rarely worth the cost of fixing them. So when they start having problems, people dump them instead of dropping more money into them. Hell I did that myself with my LX lol

A20A3quippedbeast
05-04-2007, 02:01 PM
There are only one or two that are in exceptionally good condition. My father knows someone from his work who has an automatic sedan that has 90k on the chassis. Most of the other ones are rusted and beaten to shit, the poor things.

Legend_master
05-04-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah.. unfortunately our 3geez are reaching their 20th birthday, and they're rarely worth the cost of fixing them. So when they start having problems, people dump them instead of dropping more money into them. Hell I did that myself with my LX lol

Yes mine is 21, but as soon as it turn 24, I will not have to get emission test anymore. The car will be considered a classic and I get classic plates :) .

lostforawhile
05-04-2007, 07:27 PM
this happens with any car,the beaters disappear,then the good ones usually are left on the road due to enthusiasts like us on the site. after they get in the mid twenties most cars start to get noticed as classics and not just old cars anymore. then the aftermarket usually notices with restoration parts. there will always be some junkyards around with cars due to people who are smart enough to know someday they can sell the parts. plus ones owned by import enthusiasts. look what happened with the drifting craze and old toyotas, who would have guessed that old rear wheel drive toyotas you couldn't give away,would suddenly be so popular. people are paying more and more attention to the hatch every year, especially since it's all one color again. thats one reason this site is so popular,there is more info on here on the cars and fixing them,then anywhere else on the web.

reanimator420
05-04-2007, 08:21 PM
i had the first 3g i have seen in wilmington, it use to be lude heaven here. but ever since i put my lip on and my rip-off work rims on, they are everywhere. so no, the population is great imo:gun: :rant:

frantik
05-04-2007, 08:44 PM
today I saw 3 just in the time it took me to walk a few blocks to the post office :)

MessyHonda
05-04-2007, 10:35 PM
today i saw this riced out hatch....i would of made legend mad....it had a wing that was sticking out like 9 inches.....and it had some plastic chrome hub caps. and some fire stickers on the side. made me wish i had a cell phone cam to snap a pic and post it up.

Steve_Si
05-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Still lots around here, but not like it was years ago.

10 years ago I pulled up to some lights. Soon there was 4 cars waiting to cross the intersection, all white 3gs, all going in the same direction.

There are 4 on the street I live on. Mine, a white 2.0Si with mugen wheels, black EX and some grey JDM without a trim badge. A white EX parks at the service station during the day, and a gunmetal 2.0Si parks at the supermarket. There is one particular street that runs off mine, it has the Import Edition coupe, a white 2.0Si Vigor, stupid pink LX and a white EXL. Seen a Si Exclusive down there too but not that often.

My silver 3G and the EXL-S donor car came from houses about 2 mins drive from mine, but the F1 was about 30 mins across the city. On the way to pick it up I saw another F1 and a Si Exclusive, plus others which I didn't take much notice of.

So still plenty around here, but not a plague of them like there used to be.

2oodoor
05-06-2007, 01:39 PM
come to think of it I have not seen any 3rd gen around here that looked like it was modified in any way other than one hatch with some wheels on it. Ive seen a local member's (irondragon13) LXi that i could tell had some TLC but still it was stock. I saw nice one on the interstate up in Atlanta about year ago.
One day too, I was on Hwy 36 between I 75 and I 20 , about a year ago as well, we passed five different black or dark grey sedans (three in opposite direction, two in same direction) and no way were they the same car :eek:
it was kinda freaky
3geezus watching me:)

frantik
05-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I saw a 3gee yesterday that was modded a lil.. i wanted to chase em down and tell em bout 3geez.com but they were gone

MessyHonda
05-06-2007, 08:29 PM
I saw a 3gee yesterday that was modded a lil.. i wanted to chase em down and tell em bout 3geez.com but they were gone

yeah some times i want to go write 3geez or have 3geez cards so i can place it in the window

frantik
05-06-2007, 08:34 PM
well they were driving by so if i held up a sign they'd prolly be like :wtf:

MessyHonda
05-06-2007, 08:59 PM
well they were driving by so if i held up a sign they'd prolly be like :wtf:

come one...you got an A20a3 in your car......with a CAI.....unless they had more stuff....lol....did you put on your 3geez sticker on?

frantik
05-06-2007, 09:05 PM
well 1) i wasn't even in the car yet, and 2) they were going the other way lol

and no i didnt put that sticker.. i cant figure out where i want it. i need a white one so i can put it on a window

MessyHonda
05-06-2007, 09:38 PM
well 1) i wasn't even in the car yet, and 2) they were going the other way lol

and no i didnt put that sticker.. i cant figure out where i want it. i need a white one so i can put it on a window

oh well they might pop up some other time

A18A
05-08-2007, 04:10 PM
i saw 2 today yay

AccordB20A
05-08-2007, 04:40 PM
plenty down here. all shitty gay18gays tho... btw why arent u online a18a?

teck
05-08-2007, 06:35 PM
i dont see them anymore either the only one i see is sitting in my yard with no plates i love the car but i cannot keep it :(

badmanferg
05-12-2007, 03:55 PM
damn, i haven't been here for years....hey guys lol (i got a happy bday email from 3geez the other day an was like !!!!) ...i miss the hell out of my 87 but i never see any 3geez any more....if i do its a monumentous occasion...if i had the $ for another i'd get it in a heartbeat...but naw, 3geez are basically extinct in long island/nyc

Pico
05-12-2007, 06:04 PM
I saw like 6 of them on Friday on my way home from work 4 sedans, 1 clean lowered hatch, and a coupe.
I wonder if the hatch is anyone on the forum from the Bay Area

88Accord-DX
05-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Where I live, the population is about 35,000. I've seen maybe a handfull of 3rd gerneration Accords around here. All stock & one looked like is on it's last leg. When I get mine out, some of the ricers around here turn their head to check it out cause it's lowered.

87lxiaccord
05-12-2007, 09:17 PM
While I was at my friends house tonight he pointed out an se-i sedan that was dark grey parked in his neighbors back yard. It was weird cause i park behind his house all the time and I never even saw it before. It was really clean though.

frantik
05-12-2007, 09:41 PM
flew past a white one tonight on the freeway :D

AccordB20A
05-12-2007, 10:39 PM
its allways fun to fly past them, yesterday i saw 3 of them and i was only in town driving thru. one of the ones i saw was a fixed headlight model it had some alloys that werent stock and a fart pipe hahaha but it was a gay superstage a18a im guessing

russiankid
05-13-2007, 09:24 AM
I see one every now and then. Most of them are beat to hell, but i saw a clean LX last night.

markmdz89hatch
05-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Where in CT are you? I live in CT, and travel either 95 or the Merritt everyday, and still notice a fair share of them. Bear in mind though, that they're getting older by the day, and while the motors will continue to hold up, the body's rot out around the motor.

Especially in B-Port, Waterbury (dirty-water) and Torrington, they're still a plenty.

F22B1VTEC
05-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I see at least 3-5 a day here. I live if ID though.
Theres a few nicer ones, lowered with rims, and exhaust. I dont know if they have anything much under the hood, except 1 or 2 around town. But yeah, I see my fair share every day.

w261w261
05-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Where in CT are you? I live in CT, and travel either 95 or the Merritt everyday, and still notice a fair share of them. Bear in mind though, that they're getting older by the day, and while the motors will continue to hold up, the body's rot out around the motor.
Especially in B-Port, Waterbury (dirty-water) and Torrington, they're still a plenty.

I don't get around Bridgeport as much as I used to, but on the last few trips haven't seen any. That's why I started the thread. Probably just bad luck.

lx-i coupe
05-15-2007, 10:11 PM
yeah some times i want to go write 3geez or have 3geez cards so i can place it in the window

http://3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59278:lol:

MessyHonda
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM
http://3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59278:lol:

when im at school il make sure to print some pages when they are not looking

lx-i coupe
05-15-2007, 10:20 PM
when im at school il make sure to print some pages when they are not looking

i did that at my g/f's work:)