PDA

View Full Version : Very...dumb question

brownj218
05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Alright... I know this sounds dumb, but I have always wanted to try this, i'm just not a fan of breaking stuff in my car. I just wanna know what would happen in the the 3gee...and in any other car for that matter.

Basically... i wanna peel out in an auto car. Go in neutral...pump the revs, and switch to drive. I know when you do this with a stick it kills your cluch. Since auto is delicate, I'm guessing it would be worse. I just wanna know incase i wanna show off the very, very odd time.

Also, will it break it or just be bad for it. Because I drive rented cars alot...and i dont care if its bad for that tranny, as long as i dont do it and then break it beyond driving.

Thanks people!

MessyHonda
05-03-2007, 09:53 PM
when i was in high school thats how i broke my starter
......i would pop it in neutral then rev it to like 3 k and drop it in gear. ......the whole car would jolt froward......later i saw my starter flange all busted....and it left me stranded at my friends house....i had to go the the junkyard to get a starter....funny part was that most of them broke at the same place and one had washers trying to hold the damn thing in place.

i would not recommend it unless you want to pay 1000 bucks for a rebuilt tranny

86AccordLxi
05-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah, neutral drops will kill your tranny.

Don't do it.

Alex

snoopyloopy
05-03-2007, 10:34 PM
it will kill your tranny. maybe not immediately, but it will kill your tranny.

Civic Accord Honda
05-03-2007, 10:51 PM
not in a stick :D 5SPEED FTW

mushroom_toy
05-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Yeah I've done it once, totally by accident, and I can guarantee that I will never do it again...the tranny in my car now is semi-new and I want to keep it that way.

2oodoor
05-04-2007, 08:07 AM
uh, I understand the thread title.

My auto will do that without slamming it in drive.

I remember knowing someone that hooked up their WS Washer lines to squrit on the tires to make them break easier.

MECM
05-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I remember knowing someone that hooked up their WS Washer lines to squrit on the tires to make them break easier.

Hey that is a pretty cool Idea!

MessyHonda
05-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Hey that is a pretty cool Idea!

that is for like burn outs...so you get the lots of smoke effect.

mike10562004
05-04-2007, 06:53 PM
TAKE MY ADVICE ON THIS ONE!!!! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT LOL I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY I WAS RACING AN SUPRA AND I HAD THE AUTO IN MY HATCH , SO WE WERE PULLING UP I STARTED REVING UP TO ABOUT 5K IN n AND DROPED IT DOWN INTO d AND IT BARKED MY TIRES THEN I HEAR REEEEER WRENTTTTRRERREERER AND I WAS LIKE O SHIT WELL YEAH I RIPPED MY TRANNY OUT AND GRINDED THE PASSANGER SIDE DRIVE SHAFT SO I WAS SCREWED BUT ABOUT 2 MONTHS LATER IM ON THE ROAD WITH AN A20A3 HEAD AND AN BT BLOCK WITH A 5SPD TRANNY JUST DONT DO IT UNLESS YOUR PLANING ON CHANGING YOUR TRANNY K PEACE
-MIKE

Civic Accord Honda
05-04-2007, 07:39 PM
cool idea

lol i riged mine up to just one sparyer and telted it uo so it spary up over the car and on to the car behind us so if some one honks at us there car get soked

A18A
05-04-2007, 07:47 PM
i know alot of people who do that =P they put diesel in them though

RamThis
05-04-2007, 08:25 PM
TAKE MY ADVICE ON THIS ONE!!!! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT LOL I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY I WAS RACING AN SUPRA AND I HAD THE AUTO IN MY HATCH , SO WE WERE PULLING UP I STARTED REVING UP TO ABOUT 5K IN n AND DROPED IT DOWN INTO d AND IT BARKED MY TIRES THEN I HEAR REEEEER WRENTTTTRRERREERER AND I WAS LIKE O SHIT WELL YEAH I RIPPED MY TRANNY OUT AND GRINDED THE PASSANGER SIDE DRIVE SHAFT SO I WAS SCREWED BUT ABOUT 2 MONTHS LATER IM ON THE ROAD WITH AN A20A3 HEAD AND AN BT BLOCK WITH A 5SPD TRANNY JUST DONT DO IT UNLESS YOUR PLANING ON CHANGING YOUR TRANNY K PEACE
-MIKE
http://packy.dardan.com/walky/albums/album11/adn.jpg
:welcome:

jschatte
05-04-2007, 08:28 PM
http://packy.dardan.com/walky/albums/album11/adn.jpg
:welcome:
:lol: :Owned:

AccordEpicenter
05-05-2007, 01:22 PM
doing this will blow up your auto trans after a few times. I was brake torquing my launches at the track and that even blew up my auto tranny

musclecarboy
05-05-2007, 03:47 PM
what kind of rented cars do you drive?

RamThis
05-05-2007, 10:41 PM
doing this will blow up your auto trans after a few times. I was brake torquing my launches at the track and that even blew up my auto tranny

If you dont have a good auxillary tranny cooler, and a higher stall convertor, loading the chassis for more than a few seconds will generate alot of heat in the tranny and will break down the ATF and burn the bands/clutches in a heartbeat.

Never, ever do a neutral drop. Unless you like buying transmission rebuild kits and having red ATF all over your driveway.

ghettogeddy
05-05-2007, 10:51 PM
i used to do them in the volvo and it dident mess the tranny up but i did blow out the spider gears in my rear dif lol but it did do some phat donuts

'A20A3'
05-09-2007, 10:29 AM
this is the weakest thread. ever. :thumbdn:

Vanilla Sky
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
i planned on grenading the trans that's in my car now. it's on its way out, and what better way to show honda my thanks than by letting it go out with a bang?

AccordEpicenter
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM
High stall converters generate more heat than the stock converter... Actually i dont think it was heat that killed my tranny, i think it was a blown clutch drum

buttaz1
05-09-2007, 03:58 PM
i did that shit a couple times but i did it worst
i went in reverse hit the break and then while i was still in reverse reving i slammed through the gears reving and into drive i did a nice burn out that just kept spinning it was great but stupid i broke something i dont know yet thought i hered a nice pop i think the body flexed or something it came from the passenger side

'A20A3'
05-11-2007, 08:16 AM
i guess you're not very smart cause that noise you hear is your fucked up transmission. excellent work. :slap: :uh: