PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned Turbo and Pic of BOV

mushroom_toy
05-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Well cleaned the turbo...well half of it anyway, it cleaned up great!, A pic of the BOV beside the turbo is there too...the BOV was painted but I'm either gonna sand it off and leave it or repaint it black or silver.....I can't wait to start getting this project underway after I get my OBD-1 swap completed. I'm planning on making my own conversion harness....wish me luck everyone..that wont start for a little while though..but still. Cheers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-3-31.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-1-46.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-2-35.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-4-29.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
05-03-2007, 11:49 PM
fucking SEX are u planing on rebulding 1st

snoopyloopy
05-04-2007, 12:58 AM
nice. not bad at all. i'm thinking of getting one of those manifolds guay has w/ a mitsu flange and using something off the dsm shelf myself. but a twin scroll turbo instead. i'm more for a peppier normal drive than all-out 1320 and street racing.

MessyHonda
05-04-2007, 07:32 AM
looks good. do you have any buddies that can weld you a mani for cheap?

mushroom_toy
05-04-2007, 10:21 AM
fucking SEX are u planing on rebulding 1st
The engine or the turbo? Possibly on engine, but no on turbo, because it's in good shape. Gotta get a compression test done on engine to see if I wanna rebuild.

mushroom_toy
05-04-2007, 10:23 AM
nice. not bad at all. i'm thinking of getting one of those manifolds guay has w/ a mitsu flange and using something off the dsm shelf myself. but a twin scroll turbo instead. i'm more for a peppier normal drive than all-out 1320 and street racing.

Thats the same thing I'm going for. I'm probably gonna only be running 6-8 psi of boost.

mushroom_toy
05-04-2007, 10:24 AM
looks good. do you have any buddies that can weld you a mani for cheap?

When it comes times, I can probably get one made for around 100-200 bucks. :) ...or less.

snoopyloopy
05-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Thats the same thing I'm going for. I'm probably gonna only be running 6-8 psi of boost.
well, like i said, there's really no such thing as less than 8 psi on the 14b. :) but do an engine rebuild then really use it. turn that thing up to around 18. that's smack dab in the middle of the efficiency range and should produce some NICE numbers.

mushroom_toy
05-04-2007, 09:59 PM
well, like i said, there's really no such thing as less than 8 psi on the 14b. :) but do an engine rebuild then really use it. turn that thing up to around 18. that's smack dab in the middle of the efficiency range and should produce some NICE numbers.

I know, but I really want to daily drive this and have minimal problems...I really don't wanna rebuild until I have too. If my compression isn't that great, then it will not be turboed for a while, as I will just rack up miles till the engine dies.

MessyHonda
05-04-2007, 10:48 PM
When it comes times, I can probably get one made for around 100-200 bucks. :) ...or less.

see if you can get an exact price. i bet more people would be interested if he could make couple like 3-5

snoopyloopy
05-04-2007, 10:54 PM
I know, but I really want to daily drive this and have minimal problems...I really don't wanna rebuild until I have too. If my compression isn't that great, then it will not be turboed for a while, as I will just rack up miles till the engine dies.
just pull a jy motor or something and rebuild it. or buy a non-running one off craigslist, pull the motor, and send the shell to the jy. then rebuild that motor and drop it in w/ the turbo. that should do the trick.

mushroom_toy
05-04-2007, 11:01 PM
see if you can get an exact price. i bet more people would be interested if he could make couple like 3-5
Don't have an exact price because I haven't asked one of my 3 friends that are good at welding. I'm helping one drop a JDM twin turbo subaru engine in tomorro and I'll ask him then. I'll get pics, once we get his engine dropped in. :)

mushroom_toy
05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
just pull a jy motor or something and rebuild it. or buy a non-running one off craigslist, pull the motor, and send the shell to the jy. then rebuild that motor and drop it in w/ the turbo. that should do the trick.

Don't have any money at the moment, so if I don't turbo the motor now, and if the compression is no good, then it will have to wait. I'm jobless atm which is terrible...life is gay!