PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

James
09-09-2002, 04:41 PM
When I start my car and first push the brake, next to the little car on teh gauges (Next to the trunk) a red light comes on that says "Brake Lights." So I was guessing it ment my brake lights were out.. So I checked, and they all work.. What else could that mean? Its annoying, lol.

BoredRec
09-09-2002, 04:45 PM
Could be one of the taillight wire harnesses are corroded, so it may work now, but creating enough resistance to trigger the light...pull out the bulbs and see if see any green or brown rust type stuff building up...If so, replace the harness.

smufguy
09-11-2002, 08:59 PM
there is a sensor on each side of the brake lamp assembly in the rear. they could have been fucked up, like it has on my uncle's 4g. its not a problem but itsjust an annoyance. See if swapping one from the junk would solve it. also see if ur bulbs are put in the right way, cause if u put in the wrong way where ur brake filament glows instead of the regualr one when ur not on ur brakes, the sensor detects it too. this is what happened on my dad's 90 camry. dont know about that on our 3g.

YK86
09-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Corrosion on the bulb or the connector is usually the main cause of the lights to come on. Also check the one or two bumps on the bottom of the bulb to make sure they haven't melted or sort of worn down. This happened to me once.

vtec11
09-12-2002, 09:26 AM
it says "brake lights" or "brake lamp"? I thought it said in the manual that it could mean either a brake light is out or the front pads might be worn...

YK86
09-12-2002, 09:42 AM
Brake lights is to warn you one of the bulbs is burned out. The "brake" light (the same one that comes on when to pull the e-brake is also the same one that warns you when your brake fluid is too low.