PDA

View Full Version : Lots O speed bumps

88accordlxcarb
05-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I live in an apartment complex where there are about 3-4 speed bumps that i hit at least 4-5 times a day going in and out. It is really killing my suspension. I want to double check with you guys, what parts will get damaged/slap worn out with this constant abuse?

There is a very loud creak(not a squeak, or a moan) whenever i go over a bump, or when i put the car in first gear from a stop and transfer the weight of the car, the front creaks. I am assuming this is the ball joint?

Ties Rod ends- When i go over a bump i can feel the wheel move a little without me moving the wheel. Feels like the wheel is loose right behind the brake. Is this the tie rod end?

Sadly to say, all of the ball joints are cracked, and this car has around 220,000 miles on it. If i had to do a suspension tuneup once i move out of this place i would do:

Ball joints
Tie Rod Ends
What else?

Thanks guys!

mustard_madman
05-06-2007, 06:38 PM
And um, struts!

russiankid
05-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Sounds like the ball joints. You need to replace them. My steering wheel moves a little when going over speed bumps, so i assume it is normal because i have tie rod ends that have less than 20k miles on them.