PDA

View Full Version : owner took out AC, and i want it back

newaccorddriver
05-06-2007, 08:28 PM
well, the previous owner of the accord took out the AC components in the engine bay. is it possible to add it back into the car if i get the compressor and the condensor back?

also, id like to convert it to R134A, ive seen kits on the napa website, but all they seem to be are just rubber seals. are those seals just made for R134A specificly?

Pico
05-06-2007, 08:41 PM
shouldn't be a problem at all to re-install the A/C

MessyHonda
05-06-2007, 09:00 PM
dont you live in canada?

newaccorddriver
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM
dont you live in canada?

yes, but the point behind installing AC again is the fact that it gets really freakin hot during the summer, and since this car wont get driven in the winter, i want atleast AC as luxury. i guess it doesnt help that i live in one of the colder regions of alberta...

im not sure if my car originally has a nippondenso or kehlin compressor, so does it matter which one i get?

Pico
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
as far as I remember the mounting brackets and the belt is different, so make sure you get the matching bracket to the compressor. everything else is the same. I was going to replace mine awhile back but decided to just remove the a/c completely

newaccorddriver
05-06-2007, 09:28 PM
so if i were to grab the ac bracket, compressor, and the hard lines, and the dryer, is that good enough since i have the condensor and the vaporator so far?

Pico
05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
yeah thats pretty much it, I dont think you're missing anything else

MessyHonda
05-06-2007, 09:45 PM
yes, but the point behind installing AC again is the fact that it gets really freakin hot during the summer, and since this car wont get driven in the winter, i want atleast AC as luxury. i guess it doesnt help that i live in one of the colder regions of alberta...
im not sure if my car originally has a nippondenso or kehlin compressor, so does it matter which one i get?

and i thought you canadians where always cold. how hot does it get?

newaccorddriver
05-06-2007, 10:10 PM
and i thought you canadians where always cold. how hot does it get?

during summers its usually +23C, some days it gets as hot as +33C. so pretty hot during the summer.

MessyHonda
05-06-2007, 10:27 PM
yup that sucks....today was hot...i got to fix mine or just take it out

newaccorddriver
05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
today was just +15C and i was sweating like a pig with my passenger, not that i was complaining cause she was wearing a white shirt and no bra:rockon: . kinda distracting really...